PDA

View Full Version : FO: Booga finally finished after 2 feltings!

JamOKnit
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
**FO pic posted below**

Moving over from the General Knitting Forum, so I can post this pic of my progress so far. For those off you who didn't read the original post, I am making my first Booga Bag in Noro Kureyon #215, a new colorway with beautiful pinks, greens and blues....

So far I've finished the bottom and knit about 3 rows of the sides.

Sorry the colors didn't come out as good as they are in real life! :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Diana74/Knitting%20projects/boogabottom.jpg

jeanius80
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
very pretty! i love how noro transitions...:heart:

nikkibeans
05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
wow. what a pretty colorway! I've always wanted to do a booga, I just haven't decided on a colorway yet. WHere did you get your yarn from? Did you order online?

marykz
05-22-2007, 07:26 PM
that is going to be so gorgeous- what a special colorway!

JamOKnit
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi Nikki, I bought my yarn online through Ebay....don't remember the seller's name. But there are several Ebay stores that sell Noro.

sara_jayne
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Those colors are so pretty! I'm so used to bright colors in Noro - the pastels are just lovely!

Kaydee
05-23-2007, 11:11 AM
The colors are beautiful!!!

knit-errant
05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
What a pretty colorway! Your bag will be beautiful!

wewantmore
05-23-2007, 11:57 AM
:inlove: Oh that's gonna be pretty. I think I commented on the yarn thread about how pretty it is. :inlove:

Michelle

JamOKnit
05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
One frustrating thing....I was sitting last night, knitting right along, with a PINK section of yarn, and all of a sudden along comes a KNOT in the yarn! And the section after the knot was GREEN! So obviously it was a break in the yarn that was knotted together....but it disturbed the gentle colorway. Grrrrr....

I think it will end up looking ok since the goal is to have stripes anyway. We'll see how it goes....

auburnchick
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
What pretty colors! Don't worry about the knot. Since it's felted, it will look fine.

Can't wait to see the FO!!

Mommy22alyns
05-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I can't wait to see the FO! I could probably knit a hundred Boogas just to see all the colorways. :heart:

Abbily
05-24-2007, 11:54 AM
That is an incredible colorway! Just gorgeous! Great job on the knitting!

DragonTush
05-24-2007, 03:48 PM
That colourway is gorgeous. Its going to look really pretty.

Mariblue
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I love love love that colorway! It's going to be soooo pretty, when it's all finished! :inlove: Sorry about the knot, but it should turn out fine. :hug:

rorygilmore
05-26-2007, 03:41 PM
The colorway is very pretty, I can't wait to see it finished!

Sanibelle
05-26-2007, 07:31 PM
What a great colorway for the summer. I think I see another Booga Bag in my future!!!!

And Auburn chick is totally right about the knots - that is the greatest thing about felting. You don't even need to sew them in.

Have fun knitting your bag....

JamOKnit
05-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Progress! All the stress of buying/selling a house has really put me in the mood to knit. :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Diana74/Knitting%20projects/boogaprogress.jpg

jeanius80
05-31-2007, 08:23 PM
very nice! i reeeealy love that colorway :mrgreen: so soft and springy

kristinw
05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Oooh, that is so pretty!! All this Booga talk lately has me thinking I should start mine next. I've had the yarn since last year and it seems like a quick knit.

clb1968
05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I think that is the same colorway that I ordered to make my booga with. It looks great!

JamOKnit
06-01-2007, 02:41 PM
It's going pretty fast because with no fancy stitch patterns, I can basically do it without thinking. However, I can tell already that it's going to turn out smaller than I'd like, so my next one will probably be the modified, larger version.

larudden
06-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I've had knots happen like that.....bummer! I just cut the knot out and felted the ends together. Even though it disturbed the colorway, at least the knot was gone.

larudden
06-02-2007, 09:04 AM
wow. what a pretty colorway! I've always wanted to do a booga, I just haven't decided on a colorway yet. WHere did you get your yarn from? Did you order online?

I've gotten mine from Yarnbow on ebay. She's really FAST on shipping and she has lots of colors.

auburnchick
06-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Oooooohhhhh, pretty! Me likes!!! :teehee:

Mommy22alyns
06-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Jam, any more progress pics?

I'll add a second recommendation for Yarnbow on Ebay. I've ordered previously and it was just perfect! :thumbsup:

redwitch
06-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I can see it's not crucial for this project, but remember with colour changes, the same thing would happen when you finish a ball and start the next one, it might not start with the same colour, so I would cut the knot and treat it like a new ball - in fact re-wind all the balls and cut any knots between different colours, separate lengths would be separate smaller balls. Then when I go to start a new ball look at both ends of the other balls and choose which one is the closest. I might even decide on the order they would be knit beforehand so I wouldn't end up having to cut balls to be able to start another strand in the same colour.

Sarah

jeanius80
06-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I can see it's not crucial for this project, but remember with colour changes, the same thing would happen when you finish a ball and start the next one, it might not start with the same colour, so I would cut the knot and treat it like a new ball - in fact re-wind all the balls and cut any knots between different colours, separate lengths would be separate smaller balls. Then when I go to start a new ball look at both ends of the other balls and choose which one is the closest. I might even decide on the order they would be knit beforehand so I wouldn't end up having to cut balls to be able to start another strand in the same colour.

Sarah
thats what i did with my noro. worked great! i have top second yanbow! she has great customer service and ships very fast!i have ordered from her a few times too :)

kitkat
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
I had a similar problem with Noro. Very knotty yarn. And so irritating when trying to match stripes on a sweater!

JamOKnit
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
More pics coming soon....the pre-felted! (Have to find time to actually do the felting, might not be until this weekend.)

kristinw
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
You officially inspired me to start mine! It is so nice to knit something so easy! I love that I don't have to look at a chart or read a pattern for the majority of it! :thumbsup:

JamOKnit
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Glad to help, Kristin! :muah::lol::cheering:

I am just about finished with the I-cord and so will take pics before and after felting this weekend. Wish me luck....if this felting experience goes well, I am casting on for my clogs!

nonny2t
06-08-2007, 07:32 AM
I am felting my first bag as I am posting. I did a solid pink and purple combo as a graduation gift for my grandniece who just graduated high school. Can't wait to see the finished project.

The color is extraordinary on the bag and just lovely. Can't wait to see it felted! Sure is easy though, isn't it? I could knit a hundred of these things and give them to all my family and friends!

sue in canada
06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Just love those colours. Good luck with the felting. I am on my second bag but making it bigger this time. I have the yarn for the clogs also.

JamOKnit
06-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, I have felted my first object!!! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

It took almost 20 mins in the washer but I think it came out really well. I was worried when I took it out that the stitches still showed too much, but the bag was awfully fuzzy and I didn't want it to get much smaller so I pulled it out and it is now in drying stage.

JamOKnit
06-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Hopefully when I go home tonight it will be dry and I can assemble the finished project! Althought I do think I might put a clasp or snap on it as some others have done so it can be secured shut.

I would highly recommend this project to newbie knitters...it was a breeze! I am ready to do another one! :happydancing:

Mommy22alyns
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I love it!! I have yet to see a Noro colorway I don't like... :inlove:

nonny2t
06-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Very nice! I am about halfway with my icord for the other teen bag. I bought myself some Noro for a bag for me and am itching to knit it up and see the colorways, but I have a sweater I have to get done before August 16 for my son-in-law for his birthday and the yarn is supposed to come today so I have no excuses! lol

The color you chose is great, btw!

Mariblue
06-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Very very pretty!! :heart:

UnspeakableJoy
06-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Jam, it's gorgeous! I'm in such a Harry Potter knitting frenzy at the moment, but a booga is definitely on my list of "want to knits!"

OT - Kristin, I also have a Nicholas, but mine will be 11 on Saturday :)

JamOKnit
07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
It's done! And I love it! Two trips through the washing machine did it. It only took about one and a half days to dry. I've been toting it everywhere ever since! :cheering:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Diana74/Knitting%20projects/boogadone.jpg

ADAllen
07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
it looks great!

auburnchick
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
It turned out really great!!! Just enjoy the compliments now...where ever you go it will get noticed!

soobeeoz
07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
It looks great, and is such a pretty colour. I plan to make a Booga myself one of these days. I have the yarn, now all I need is the courage to try felting in a front loader.

jengi33
07-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Looks lovely!! Those are the colors I would choose too! Do you have the sizes before and after felting??

JamOKnit
07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry, jengi, I was in the midst of packing up to move my house when I was felting it, so it was impossible to find anything I wanted, like for instance my measuring tape!!! Hopefully all my yarn stuff will make it safely into the new room I have picked out just for it. LOL

PaperGirl
07-06-2007, 06:12 PM
It looks so good! I just ordered Noro today for my Booga!