PDA

View Full Version : Knit Picks yarn

AnaK
05-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I have never used it and was wondering about its quality?
For people that have used it and made items, how do you like it? Is it nice to work with and wash?
The reason I am wondering is that the price is much less than what I have seen before.

sara_jayne
05-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I personally love Knit Picks yarn. I've used Wool of the Andes (WOTA) and Sierra for felting and they both produce wonderful results! It is very inexpensive, but high quality, IMO.

The one thing I've heard is that WOTA pills if you use it on garments so it is best for felted projects.

KnittyLou
05-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I have used some Knit Picks also: Essential Tweed (fingering) and Gloss - fingering (merino & silk) which I really like. and a merino, fingering, I forget which but it was the red hat color.

I like all the ones I have tried.

CarmenIbanez
05-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I have used WOTA and Shine and Panache. I love them all!

threesmom
05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I've used their suri alpaca hand dyed, and although I can't love the color I have, it's light, soft, and warm. I also can't decide what to do with it - I started an afgan for my mom, frogged it, then a sweater, which I also frogged - it just doesn't know what it wants to be :??. But I think its' the color, not the actual yarn that's the problem. I also have WOTA - which is softer than I expected for 1.99, and crayon, which is VERY soft and knits up easilly. Most of these are stash items at the moment, so I can't comment on how well they wash or wear - sorry! Memories is nice too -all are good, particularily when you consider the price. My only complaint is color selection, but that's just me being picky. Hope that helps!

Kaydee
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm making a scarf out of KP Alpaca silk, and I love it. I've also bought a few more things but haven't gotten to try them out yet but they look great to me.

KnittinMitchie
05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I've used Telemark and Palette. Telemark is great for garments and felting. My blog (http://mitchiecanknit.blogspot.com) has pictures of the sweater and bag a did from telemark.

Braden
05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I've used ALL of the Knitpicks yarns, and I love all of them except the Butterfly Kisses line. Don't like any eyelash yarns. They are all great, and mostly the only yarns I use.

PaperGirl
05-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I think most of my stash is Knit Picks. I love it. Ive got Memories, WotA, and Palette....yummy stuff.

AnaK
05-24-2007, 06:09 PM
That is great to hear. I will sure try some.
Thank you all :hug:

G J
05-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I used Decadence (Alpaca) for a sweater in the Winterberry color (I think) and it let off excessive amounts of lint EVERYWHERE!!! I do NOT recommend it. However, when I emailed (twice) and called, they were very apologetic and gave me credit for it. I then knit a sweater with Merino Style and it turned out lovely.

Has anyone listened to their podcasts? Interesting to listen to while you knit!:)

knottyknitter
05-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I have purchased WOTA and Crayon. They are both quality yarns, soft and easy to work with. Haven't had a problem with either one.

:knitting:

nadja la claire
05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
I've used Elegance, WOTA, Suri Dream and Andean Silk and I love them all. The only problem I've had is with the Suri because it's impossible to frog on it's own so when I use it I always combine it with something more froggable like wool or baby alpaca.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx