PDA

View Full Version : Baby Knit oddball blanket- PG 14- UPDATE!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

debinoz
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I recieved the second square in the mail today. Still no sign of the first one.... Off to work on it now.

lissalue
07-16-2007, 03:48 PM
i got my first square in the mail today. So I will start working on it asap.

Leslie, did you get the one from me yet? I mailed it last Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember which :oops:)

Yarnlady
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I recieved the second square in the mail today. Still no sign of the first one.... Off to work on it now.Hmmm, I'll go ahead and start one and send it off. If the first one appears we can make an extra blanket if every likes.

debinoz
07-16-2007, 10:42 PM
I finished my part on this one. Hopfully I can get a picture tomorrow before I mail it on.

If the first one shows up, I'll just knit and send it along too, if everyone else agrees.

Do we have an idea on about how big these are supposed to be? This one has 3 sections completed on it and it's not very big. If everyone does their 5", they are only going to be about 15" x 20". Just curious.....

Yarnlady
07-17-2007, 09:01 AM
:waving:The sizes will totally depend on how big each section is. There isn't any need to make the sections the same size, the center can be offset and still be very nice looking. The last one that has them can add a border if she likes or they can be used for preemies, or we can send the around the circuit again. We can do whatever as long as everyone agrees.

debinoz
07-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Here's the pics of my #3. Hoping to get it in the mail later today.

larudden
07-17-2007, 01:14 PM
i got my first square in the mail today. So I will start working on it asap.

Leslie, did you get the one from me yet? I mailed it last Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember which :oops:)

Boo hoo! It hasn't come yet! :?? I'll try to be patient and not stalk the mailman!

larudden
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Here's the pics of my #3. Hoping to get it in the mail later today.

Oooh, it's sooooooo pretty. It's kinda neat to see a little piece of my knitting going to such an awesome project. :woot:

HollyP
07-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Larudden what yarn did you use? I love the colors!

That is going to be absolutely beautiful when it is finished. It looks great now!

larudden
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Larudden what yarn did you use? I love the colors! That is going to be absolutely beautiful when it is finished. It looks great now!

You know, it was from a ball of yarn I had in my stash. I think it was a Red Heart veriagated. I fell in love with the lime green and blue.

snephenie
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
PLEASE READ

I just received an email from Sue's (snowbears cousin).
Her cousin was asked to come help Sue with a dr's appt.

She was dx with a Brain Tumor. The doctor and her cousin noticed her behavior had changed and they have been told this was a side effect of her dx.

She asked her cousin to email me and apologize for the things that were said in private and on this board.

She also expressed her embarrassment and that she would not be returning.

Sue wanted me to relay this information to the board and to ask for forgivness for whatever was said.

I feel confident that the community we have here has no issue with extendending that forgiveness to her and also prayers (or well wishes) for a recovery.

Her cousin assured me that the baby blankets will go out with her help and to please continue on with them.

Tobinknit
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Shandeh
07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Come back Snowbear!! :hug:

I'm praying for you....HARD! :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Doodknitwit
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
:heart: my heart is full of healing thoughts.. :hug: seeing you whole & well.
take good care. you are a star :star:

lissalue
07-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Praying for you snowbear. please let me know if there is anything i can do. :muah::hug:

misha rf
07-17-2007, 11:37 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

We love you, Snowbear!! Please get well soon!!

debinoz
07-18-2007, 12:25 AM
:hug: :pray: We love you, Sue!! Take care of yourself!

jjminarcik
07-18-2007, 02:41 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::muah::muah::muah::muah:

We :heart: you Sue! We are all :pray::pray::pray::pray: for you!

debinoz
07-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Here's a pic of the lost/found square. I've already added my part and will try to mail it out tomorrow if I have time. (Grandchild #5 is supposed arrive tomorrow!!) Sorry the picture is so dark....

Yarnlady
07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
[quote=debinoz;909859](Grandchild #5 is supposed arrive tomorrow!!)quote] Congrats! :happydance: Due date or induce date? My sixth was born last December...got lots of practice making baby blankets last year! :teehee:

The blanket looks good. :waving: How's everyone else doing? I'm hoping I'll see another blanket soon....:shrug:

snowbear
07-19-2007, 08:43 AM
HI...

The blankets are looking great... I'm working on some here that are just traditional. I received a blanket... forgive me.. but I can't remember who from... but it is awesome.. and thanks for the gift that was sent with it....

The blankets are piling up... and I can't wait to see the nurse's face when we deliver them!

keep up the great awesome job!

debinoz
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
They were supposed to induce this morning. I guess it's just taking longer this time unless they just decided to wait. She was only 38 weeks and there were no problems other than her being tired of being pregnant.

Doodknitwit
07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
got blanket Barbrude..so I hope to get it back in the mail Mon!!!

debinoz
07-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I'll be mailing the log cabin square on my way out of town in the morning. Off to see the new grandson. Christopher Leon Coker Jr. 7lbs. 10 oz. (CJ for short) I'll post a pic tomorrow since I have to take a few for DH. He's out of town. I'm going to Hobby Lobby while I'm in the city to pick up some sock yarn. Wish me luck 'cause it's hard to find without wool in it.

snowbear
07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Congrats on the new arrival!

Big bear hugs your way

Shandeh
07-19-2007, 11:51 PM
I'll be mailing the log cabin square on my way out of town in the morning. Off to see the new grandson. Christopher Leon Coker Jr. 7lbs. 10 oz. (CJ for short) I'll post a pic tomorrow since I have to take a few for DH. He's out of town. I'm going to Hobby Lobby while I'm in the city to pick up some sock yarn. Wish me luck 'cause it's hard to find without wool in it.

The only sock yarn I've ever seen at Hobby Lobby was Bernat Sox or Lion Magic Socks.

You can use Cascade Fixation or Panda Cotton, which is cotton and elastic, but you'd have to get that at your LYS.

lissalue
07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
i am mailing out two squares in the morning. a replacement for my first one (unless it has turned up) and the one i just finished the second part on. i will post pics in the morning before i go to the Post Office.

Yarnlady
07-20-2007, 08:13 AM
i am mailing out two squares in the morning. a replacement for my first one (unless it has turned up) and the one i just finished the second part on. i will post pics in the morning before i go to the Post Office.Your first one disappeared, too? How weird! I sent my "first" one off for the second time yesterday, too....

lissalue
07-20-2007, 09:35 AM
yes, mine seems to be missing too. of course, only for a few days. i mailed it the early part of last week. but, it was supposed to arrive in 2-3 days, and since it isn't there yet, and i am impatient, i made another one.

snowbear
07-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Short note... Dr is very positive.. the med I'll be trying is 85% effective for this size tumor.

We do 2 weeks of 3 x a week.. rexray- then do it again.

I'm only keeping positive thoughts.

Lynn, my cousin is going to be able to be with me.. I won't loose my hair... but will be tired.

We're off to do some errands and then back to knitting.. I'm finishing up a blanket for the babies... It's a cute pattern and is very relaxing.

Big Bear hugs to all

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Yay for good medicine! :cheering:

(I'm still praying!) :pray:

BarbRude
07-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Looking forward to receiving it, have yarn ready.

Doodknitwit
07-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Oh great news Snow!!! we lift you up!

debinoz
07-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Okay, I got the log cabin mailed. Here are the pictures of the new little one.

ADAllen
07-20-2007, 06:25 PM
what a cutie! Congratulations!

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Yay! Baby Photos! :)

Doodknitwit
07-20-2007, 09:35 PM
sweet.....:hug:

Doodknitwit
07-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Shandeh east coaster mailed.........:blooby:

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Woo Hoo! Now, I just need to know who gets it after me. :think:

Doodknitwit
07-21-2007, 02:48 PM
check there for her update!!

Doodknitwit
07-21-2007, 02:52 PM
hang on I'll check Sandy

Doodknitwit
07-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Shandeh this is the last message I found on the order..

(So it looks like we have enough people to do both. How about if I start one and send it to Doodknit who can give it to Shandeh and we can figure out from there who wants it next.)

lissalue
07-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I think it was supposed to come to me next, because you can just give it to me instead of mailing it. :shrug:

Shandeh
07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I think it was supposed to come to me next, because you can just give it to me instead of mailing it. :shrug:

I like that plan. :thumbsup:

HollyP
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi if you need another knitter I'm still here:waving:

misha rf
07-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Awww, what a little cutie pie!! He's so handsome!!

Snowbear, I hope this all goes well!! I like effective medicine! :hug:

Yarnlady
07-22-2007, 09:33 AM
yes, mine seems to be missing too....since it isn't there yet, and i am impatient, i made another one.Looks like we'll be making a few extra blankets if they all show up eventually! :lol:

larudden
07-23-2007, 01:08 PM
yes, mine seems to be missing too. of course, only for a few days. i mailed it the early part of last week. but, it was supposed to arrive in 2-3 days, and since it isn't there yet, and i am impatient, i made another one.

There must be a very small elf that decided your square would make a perfect blanket!:grin: I'll keep checking my mail. Thanks.

debinoz
07-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I got the second first square today. I started knitting on it as soon as I got it. I'm in a lull right now trying to do Christmas stuff, but not in a Christmassy mood. I hope Lynn is feeling better soon... If I hurry she'll be able to get all the ones I've done so far and send them along in one package.

Shandeh
07-24-2007, 01:06 PM
There must be a very small elf that decided your square would make a perfect blanket!:grin:
:roflhard:

larudden
07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
FINALLY! The mailman was good to me and brought my squares. Everyone breathe a big *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* of relief!

snowbear
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
You guys rock... Lynn has started a baby blanket.. ( why am I not surprised) She wants to contribute...

These blankets are soo pretty... I know the babies are going to love them... and their parents as they wrap them up in them.

Big Bear Hugs to all

1 treatment down... 11 to go!

Shandeh
07-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Yay Lynn! :cheering:

BarbRude
07-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I received the blanket yesterday, I started working on it last night. I hope to have it done and ready to mail Monday, Snowbear please let me know who is to receive it next.

Barbara

larudden
07-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm almost ready to send my 2 log cabin blankets. Hopefully by Monday.

snowbear
07-28-2007, 11:39 AM
If possible.. we need photos! I can't wait to see them!

Big Bear Hugs to all

Yarnlady
07-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm almost ready to send my 2 log cabin blankets. Hopefully by Monday.
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
YEAH! I was beginning to get a complex! Can't wait to see them! :lol:

debinoz
07-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I mailed the second first square yesterday. I knit about 4.5 inches on the end and then about 2.5 on the long side. Sorry!! Please don't yell at me!! My thinking was to give Lynn the short side to knit instead of the long one. I was trying to remember and I thought she already had 2 long sides to do and I didn't know if she'd feel up to that much.

Sanibelle
07-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi all -

I'm back!!!! Finally feeling better and ready to knit again. It has beeen a tough almost 2 weeks for me, but I think I finally turned the corner this weekend. My surgeon said it was the second worst surgery he ever had to do and my reg ob doc that assisted said he had never seen anything like it before - I had a hysterectomy as a result of fibroids that all of a sudden started causing problems.... but it is gone now - (one of the fibroids was almost 5 pounds!!!!) and I am getting better every day. I had some problems with my knee of all things after the surgery - they think they hit a nerve with the epidural - so it took a little longer to get up and moving....

My surgeon is the nicest man - I told him I wanted to knit something for him to show him how thankful I am and of all things he wanted a hat to sleep in. I finally picked up my needles and some Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb (that was the softest yarn I had in my stash) and made him the hat.

Now I will can get my squares done - I am a quick knitter but I cannot drive for another 10 days. SO I will have mu DH take me to the post office Friday AM (he is off on Friday this week) and get everything mailed....

So thanks everyone for you patience....

snowbear
07-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Sanibelle,

* runs & gives her a very very gentle bear hugg..

I'm so glad you're doing better.. Take it easy listen to the DR., and ease back into it..

I'm so glad that everything is going to be better for you....

*know you get the Big Bear Hug when your healthy!

:woohoo::happydance:

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome back, Sanibelle! :muah:

Doodknitwit
07-29-2007, 08:24 PM
:heart: and hugs :hug: soooooooooo happy you are back!!! :woohoo: :yay: !!!! welcome back :blooby:

HollyP
07-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Welcome back!! Glad to hear you are feeling better:happydance:!
Take care!!!!

Yarnlady
07-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Glad you're up and almost runnin'!:happydance:

debinoz
07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Welcome back, Lynn!! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

jjminarcik
07-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Welcome back Sanibelle! Glad you are feeling better. We had lots of :pray: :pray: for you!

BarbRude
07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Sanibelle, glad you are on the mend. I finished up the baby blanket this weekend, today it is in the mail to Kelly. Kelly be on the look out for a coffee box with a label from a law firm. Barbara

snowbear
07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm about 1/3 of the way finished for the baby blanket I'm making... I've decided to go ahead & register in a day or so since I'm becoming addicted to this knitting thing.. I didn't know it was so contagious when I agreed to let Snow show me the ropes.. lol rather yarn..

I get frustrated when I drop a stitch or do a K instead of a P.. but Snow keeps saying not to worry everyone does it even the pro's.. that helps..

I just wanted you all to know how warm and happy I feel about this site.. thanks to all of you for helping this newbie.. and for understanding about Snow.. She's in bed.. she tried to do to much after all day.. & I sent her to bed, lol but, I bet she's knitting in there...

4 down and 8 to go!

Take care and thanks... I'm trying to think of a new name.. any ideas?

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 12:56 AM
How about Snowbear Cub?

Shandeh
08-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Just wanted to check with everyone about the REGULAR Oddball Baby Blankets. I just received one from Doodknitwit. The only thing in the package is the blanket. No instructions. It looks like a specific pattern has been started. Are we all supposed to knit the same design? Is there a pattern online we are using for reference?

I know that I am supposed to give this to lissalue when I am finished. How many knitters are supposed to knit each blanket? What order are the other knitters after lissalue?

Regular Oddball Baby Blanket Knitters
Sanibelle
Doodknitwit
Shandeh
lissalue
jjminarcik
ADAllen
larudden

snowbear
08-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I wish I could help... That one was started when I was really out of it ... (not that I'm really w/ it now,,lol) I'll try to look up the past posts to see who started that one.. I know that any pattern was ok in the past.. just not sure what that particular one was supposed to be..

Shandeh
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks, snowbear! :hug:

And, in my opinion, you ARE with it! :happydance:

I got an email back from Doodknitwit, and she gave me the pattern:

Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K3, Purl to last 3 stitches, K3
Row 3: K3, *K1, P1* (repeat between *s to last 3 sts), K3
Row 4: K3, Purl to last 3 stitches, K3

It's quick and easy. :thumbsup:

I'll give it to lissalue when I'm done.

I'm using Bernat Cotton-Tots yarn in a pretty blue. My hubby picked it out! :heart:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1401/986713935_36216e905e.jpg

Sanibelle
08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Lissalue -

Heads up - My DH mailed the package for me this AM with 3 of the log cabin blankets.

I am finally feeling better and was able to knit quite a bit this week - I cannot drive, cook, clean, do laundry or lift so what else is there to do but knit!!!!

Doodknitwit
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I missed you sooooooooo much!! glad you are back :woohoo:

Doodknitwit
08-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Just wanted to check with everyone about the REGULAR Oddball Baby Blankets. I just received one from Doodknitwit. The only thing in the package is the blanket. No instructions. It looks like a specific pattern has been started. Are we all supposed to knit the same design? Is there a pattern online we are using for reference?

sorry with all I :waah: had going its a wonder i got the blanket in the mail though it came back to me cause the post office can't read... :eyes: :shrug: anyway I apologize for not putting the pattern in. Sanibelle was the designer it is so pretty I've made a gift blanket using it.

Shandeh
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
its a wonder i got the blanket in the mail though it came back to me cause the post office can't read... :eyes: :shrug:

Yeah, my silly post office is going WACKO! The first time you sent it, they took it to a house on the next street over. Then, the 2nd time, it finally got to our house. I took the empty envelope to the post office and told them about how it had been sent to the wrong address the first time. We left the envelope with the supervisor, so she could discuss it with our mail carrier.

Then two days later, the empty envelope appeared in my mailbox again....with a stamped notice on the front that it was left at the wrong address the day before (the same house they delivered it to the first time you mailed it). :roll: They must have an IDIOT delivering our mail right now. :wall:

lissalue
08-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Lissalue -

Heads up - My DH mailed the package for me this AM with 3 of the log cabin blankets.

I am finally feeling better and was able to knit quite a bit this week - I cannot drive, cook, clean, do laundry or lift so what else is there to do but knit!!!!

woohoo! i guess this would be a bad time to start anything new since i am getting three squares from you, the regular baby blanket from Sandy, and oddball number four from her too. i will have lots to knit!! :teehee:

Shandeh
08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Did you mean you have to do something besides knit for us? :teehee:

Put down that baby and pick up those knitting needles!
Stitch! Knit! Purl!

lissalue
08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Did you mean you have to do something besides knit for us? :teehee:

Put down that baby and pick up those knitting needles!
Stitch! Knit! Purl!

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

I don't think that will work, but could you write me a note to get out of cleaning the house?:shifty:

snowbear
08-05-2007, 10:22 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

Lissalue is far too busy knitting & taking care of the baby to do any housework.

Please provide someone else to cover that.

Sincerely,

Snowbear

(think that will help?)

lissalue
08-05-2007, 10:52 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

Lissalue is far too busy knitting & taking care of the baby to do any housework.

Please provide someone else to cover that.

Sincerely,

Snowbear

(think that will help?)

Well, it certainly can't hurt! :teehee: Thanks for the note. I never managed to get out of gym class either. :teehee:

Shandeh
08-06-2007, 06:23 AM
I would listen to ANYTHING a bear told me to do!! :shock:

lissalue
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I would listen to ANYTHING a bear told me to do!! :shock:

Too bad I'm not married to you. :teehee:

lissalue
08-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I got the blanket from Sandy yesterday, and I got the 3 log cabins in the mail today. i also have an oddball blanket right now to. I feel like the blankets think it is party time at lissa's house! :teehee:

Shandeh
08-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Woo Hoo! It's an ODDBALL PARTY! :teehee:

Yarnlady
08-09-2007, 08:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/md14.gifLonely, I'm Missy Lonely
I have no blankies for my own
I am so lonely, I'm Missy Lonely
Wish I had someone to text on the phone

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/md14.gifLetters, never a blanket
I get no blankets in the mail
I've been forgotten, yes, forgotten
Oh how I wonder, how is it I failed ....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/md14.gif
Apologies to Bobby Vinton :teehee:

Shandeh
08-09-2007, 09:45 AM
:teehee:

lissalue
08-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Love the song Yarn Lady. :teehee:

I have a question about the Log Cabin Blankets. I have 3 here, on one, my square was the 3rd, so i know i mail it to the next person in line. on 2 my square will be the 5th. is this right? i am thinking one is the one which was lost and then came back. if so, i do my square then send these to Snowbear, right?

Yarnlady
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
T:waving:hat was the initial plan, but some have been concerned the blankets aren't big enough. (My thought was that the smaller ones could be used for preemies.) :star:

:shrug: So, gang do we want to send the smaller ones around again or just use them for preemies? I'm happy to do either. :-P

lissalue
08-10-2007, 10:18 AM
the one i am working on now is 15" one way and about 10" the other way, so after i add my portion, it iwll be about 15 by 15. i think it would make a nice preemie blanket, or just a snuggly for an older child. but, i am willing to do more on them if that is what we decide.

debinoz
08-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I'll just go with the flow. A reminder though..... one of the one's that yarnlady started will have 6 sides when it's done. I can't remember which it was, but I'm thinking it had a dark purple center.

lissalue
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I'll just go with the flow. A reminder though..... one of the one's that yarnlady started will have 6 sides when it's done. I can't remember which it was, but I'm thinking it had a dark purple center.

Why will it have 6 sides? :??

larudden
08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I've got 2 log cabins in a package waiting for a trip to the PO. I've been sick on and off these past two weeks. UGH! Getting sick is so much worse when you're all grown up because there's nobody to take care of you, ya know?

Sanibelle
08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I am sorry but I cannot do another round on the log cabin blankets.... as much as I love knitting the baby blankets, I cannot make that commitment again.

Sorry...

Yarnlady
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I am sorry but I cannot do another round on the log cabin blankets.... as much as I love knitting the baby blankets, I cannot make that commitment again. Sorry...No problem, :star: we'll just take you out of the loop! Deb you can mail to Melissa and we'll just send the around to those that want to till we get to at least 24 inches on one side. That's a good preemie size. If we want to go larger, that's okay, too!

Does anyone else want to join in on the log cabin ones? Only skills are knitting, picking up sts, and binding off.:happydance:

debinoz
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
That's fine with me. I still have the original e-mail with Melissa's address, so I'm all set when any come my way.

Sorry you have to drop out Lynn... I hope you're feeling okay! ::hugs::

HollyP
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I would love to join in the log cabin blankets. If you still need someone I'm here! Just let me know.

Yarnlady
08-12-2007, 09:02 AM
:waving:Thanks, Holly, I PMed you! Welcome to the log cabiners! :star:

snowbear
08-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Just FYI... Snowbear isn't doing well, the last 2 treatments really knocked her out.. She only has 3 more.. thank goodness..

She just wanted me to tell everyone hi and how she appreciates all the great work everyone is doing..

Thank goodness only till Friday.. then hopefuly she can rest, and recoup.

They x-rayed the tumor last week, and it is about the size of a pin head... down from a 2" size.

So, we know it's working... keep happy thoughts for her.

Huggles everyone...

Doodknitwit
08-12-2007, 11:28 AM
give her my love and prayers !! a blessing she is to us..
as you are

HollyP
08-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Yes please let her know that we are missing her! Snowbear you are in my prayers and thoughts. I am so glad to see the tumor is shrinking.:woohoo:. Take care and thanks for the update!

Shandeh
08-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm so glad the tumor is shrinking!
http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/7.gif http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

snowbear
08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Very short note... only 2 more... extremely tired.. but know the end is in sight..

Thanks for all the kind words... Lynn is an Angel..

Big Bear hugs...

*goes back to hibernate till Wed..*

Shandeh
08-13-2007, 10:29 PM
:heart: :pray: :heart:

Doodknitwit
08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Very short note... only 2 more... extremely tired.. but know the end is in sight..

Thanks for all the kind words... Lynn is an Angel..

Big Bear hugs...

*goes back to hibernate till Wed..*
hugs :hug::pray::heart:

snowbear
08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
:cheering::woot::woohoo::happydance:

I have finished the last of the treatment.

I go in next week for another cat scan.. but they are 99.99% positive it is gone.

I just want to say thank you so much for all the kindness you have shared w/ me & Lynn.

I do think we both are ready for some relaxation. She is going to stay w/ me about a week, then go back home, but I think we will be moving closer to each other.

I can't believe all the work you guys have done to help me w/ this great project.

Thank you and God Bless

dolphie2
08-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Big Hugs. God Bless You.

Sandy in N.Z.

Shandeh
08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Hooray for completing your treatments!

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/2.gif

HollyP
08-17-2007, 08:01 PM
:woot::cheering::woohoo::happydance::balloons: What amazing news!!!!!!!!!!

Yarnlady
08-18-2007, 04:18 PM
:happydance::happydance::happydance: Received two blankets from Leslie today. Am almost done with my addition to one of them. Will get them done, post picks and mail on ASAP!:star:

misha rf
08-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm so glad your treatments are done!!! That's fantastic!!

:woohoo::cheering::yay::woot::happydance::hug::bal loons:

Doodknitwit
08-18-2007, 10:38 PM
great that you are finished :yay::yay:!! I pray you are healed!!! :pray: Pray for the move and Lynn our heroine!!:woohoo::woohoo:

jjminarcik
08-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Snowbear, I am soooo glad you have completed your treatments and things are looking up for you! :yay: :woohoo:
Tell Lynn she is an :angelgrin:!

You are still in my prayers - keep us updated on how you are doing! :muah:

Yarnlady
08-19-2007, 08:38 AM
:happydance:Blankets are done and ready to be mailed on to Holly. :happydance: Pics on my blog. They are sure lookin' pretty! :star:

HollyP
08-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Yarnlady, Wow you are fast!! Can't wait to get them!!!

Quick question- how many stitches are you all casting on for the first square? TIA! I started one but it looks huge so I decided to ask before I continue!

larudden
08-19-2007, 12:52 PM
:happydance:Blankets are done and ready to be mailed on to Holly. :happydance: Pics on my blog. They are sure lookin' pretty! :star:

Good Lord! You're fast! And they look great! I can't wait for the next one to get to me.

Yarnlady
08-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Quick question- how many stitches are you all casting on for the first square? TIA! I started one but it looks huge so I decided to ask before I continue!:waving: I think we started out with squares that needed to be at minimum five inches on the shortest side. So anything above that is fine. :star:

snowbear
08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
May I have your attention for a moment...

After 30 minutes of review, 3 different physicians...

The TUMOR IS GONE.. HISTORY DESTROYED!

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT SUPPORT!

It truly helped in more ways than you can imagine

Please return to your regular reading now....:woot:

Shandeh
08-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Woo Hoo!
http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~berges/woohoo.gif

Yarnlady
08-23-2007, 09:47 AM
:waving:Blankets were mailed off to Holly yesterday! :star:

ADAllen
08-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Yay! That's one person closer to me ;)

HollyP
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I can't wait to get them!! I'll be sure to post when they come. I am always holding my breathe when things are mailed now due to the mishaps involving the original oddballs.

I am so sorry I just realized I accidently deleted to email with the address I am supposed to send to. Could someone please resend that email to me!! Thanks a milliion!!

HollyP
08-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi everybody! I just checked my mail and found the two blankets sent by Yarnlady. They made it safe and sound!! I also sent two squares to Debinoz this morning. You should get them by the end of the week. They said 3-4 days.

I'm off to go start knitting on my portion!!

Yarnlady
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Great news! :happydance:

Doodknitwit
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
May I have your attention for a moment...

After 30 minutes of review, 3 different physicians...

The TUMOR IS GONE.. HISTORY DESTROYED!

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT SUPPORT!

It truly helped in more ways than you can imagine

Please return to your regular reading now....:woot:

praise all that's good!!!! :pray::pray: answered!!!

misha rf
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Woo hoo!! Congrats!! :woohoo::cheering::woot::happydance::woot::hug:

snowbear
08-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi!

It's been awhile since things were normal... but they are now slowly getting that way.. I actually went to work for a bit today.. and realized I really need to win the lottery.. work sucks! lol

I see the blankets are still moving great! I'm so excited, I can't wait till the hospital has them to use. You guys rock.

Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you all.. take care..

Big Bear Hugs!

kellycarr05
08-31-2007, 02:09 AM
Here's my part who's next?????:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:: cheering::happydance:

ADAllen
08-31-2007, 08:59 AM
It's beautiful!! I'm loving it.:cheering::muah:

Shandeh
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
So pretty! I love those colors! :heart:

lissalue
08-31-2007, 05:07 PM
sorry i have kind of fallen down on the blanket job. i am almost done with my part on the regualer blanket, and i only have one more log cabin to do, but after these, i am afraid i am going to have ot bow out of the projects for a while. too much landed on my plate all at the same time, so i am going to take a break to just knit on the things i alread y have in progress and promised to people.

I have loved every minute of it, and plan to rejoin after Christmas!
thanks for doing this Snowbear, and yay! on a great report. :muah::hug:

I will post when i get ready to mail everything.

Yarnlady
08-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Would all the log cabiners please check in with me either here or IM, or something? ;)

Once I can verify my who's who list is correct I'll send out a current mailing list.:-P

And with that said, does anyone else want to join in the group? :grphug: All you need to know is how to knit, BO, and pick up sts.

Please IM with name, e-mail, and address if you're interested! :thumbsup:

Grandmaknits
08-31-2007, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't be able to start until the middle of October, but would love to be a part of this! Let me know what you need.

Fran

debinoz
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm here!!! I have the 2 blocks HollyP sent, but I haven't started on them. I'll probably have them ready to go by Tues.

HollyP
08-31-2007, 10:54 PM
:waving:I'm here. I have the two blankets you sent almost ready to go. I just have to weave in a few ends. I'll probably send them tomorrow morning. I'll make sure I post pictures before I mail them.

I am a little concerned about the yarn I used on the 2nd blanket I did. I got it from a friend's Grandmothers stash after she passed away. It's called Bernat so soft and it felt nice on the skein but once I started knitting with it I was surprised by how not soft it was. It's not as rough as red heart but close. My friend told me she had several things made from this yarn and it does get softer with washing. So I finished my section using it. I hope she is right about it getting softer, I really like the color with the rest of the colors in the blanket.

Yarnlady
09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't be able to start until the middle of October, but would love to be a part of this! Let me know what you need.Fran :waving:Fran, send me a message when you are ready to start and I'll add you to the list! :woot:

kellycarr05
09-01-2007, 11:54 PM
HELLO!!!!! Who wants the blanket that I just finished????? I did my part put no one seems to know where it goes next. Is there a list????? HELP!!!!!! I've posted pics....it's soooo cute.....any takers??

Shandeh
09-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Kelly, if no one else steps up, I can work on that blanket next.

Yarnlady
09-02-2007, 08:05 AM
:waving: :waving: Last call for anyone that would like to help knit the Log Cabin blankets! Let me know by the end of the long weekend! :star:

HollyP
09-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Kelly, I would also be happy to work on that blanket. Just let me know if you need someone else!

Lizzie, if no one else steps up I would be happy to knit two sections until Fran can join us.

Yarnlady
09-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Knit as many sections as you like, Holly! :happydance: This really loosely organized (which may drive some crazy), but it's just a way to get blankets made within the community. The fewer rules the better! :star: When someone feels the blanket is big enough, e-mail or PM me and I'll give you Snowbear's address. Please take pics to share, though!

debinoz
09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Here's the squares HollyP sent along. I went ahead and did 2 pieces, mainly because I'm trying to put off more Christmas scarf knitting. I'll get them off to Leslie tomorrow. Excuse the pics.... every one I take turns out yellowish. Could have something to do with the yellow walls, yellow curtains and yellow lamp shade!!

Yarnlady
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Looks great, Deb! Hope I get some soon! :teehee:

HollyP
09-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone! The past two weeks have been crazy!! I have had these done but keep forgetting to send them. Here are the 2 blankets I got for-ever ago! The pictures don't do them justice. I took the pics very quickly to make sure my cats wouldn't decide the blankies were for them! I will send them this afternoon. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/IMG_0180.jpghttp://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/IMG_0153.jpg

Shandeh
09-07-2007, 04:48 PM
How pretty! :inlove:

HollyP
09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Well I sent the blankets to Kelly but they were sent back to me. I just got them back today five days after I sent it!
The label I had attached w/Kelly's address fell off, thankfully the return address label stayed on. So I will be resending it tomorrow with a very well attached address!

Shandeh
09-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Golly! I'm glad your return address was on there too! :shock:

HollyP
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
KellyCarr did you receive the blankets yet? I forgot to get delivery confirmation on them:doh: I hope they got there ok!

Shandeh
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
:pray:

HollyP
10-07-2007, 09:06 AM
:waving:How are the baby blankets coming along?

Shandeh
10-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I haven't heard from anyone about them in a LONG time.

I know that lissalue had a few of them at her house, but she's not really talking in the forum anymore.

debinoz
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I haven't heard a thing from anyone about the log cabins. Maybe they're all done and they just forgot to tell us? I'm always getting left out of the loop!

Yarnlady
10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
If they are done, no one's said anything to me. :shrug: I just figured life happened and they are sitting on someone's knitting pile and will be sent on when she's ready.....

Shandeh
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Maybe we should designate one of us as the leader of this project, so we can communicate with those who have the blankets, and stay on top of it.

Do you all want me to add it to my Oddball responsibilities?

HollyP
10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Maybe we should designate one of us as the leader of this project, so we can communicate with those who have the blankets, and stay on top of it.

Do you all want me to add it to my Oddball responsibilities?
I think that is a great idea! But Sandy do you really want to take on more? You are already tracking so many blankets, lapghans and shawls.
I will be happy to help any way I can!

debinoz
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
If anyone can whip us into shape, it would definately be you, Sandy!!

Shandeh
10-10-2007, 06:13 AM
I don't mind, as long as everyone is willing to do their part.

If I do it, I'll send a message out to all the participants, letting them know to contact me with questions and updates.

I already have a list of participants that I started back when snowbear was having health issues. And I started a blog back then too. It hasn't been updated in a LONG time.
Here's the blog: http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/

I can read through this discussion thread, and put the history of the blankets back together again. Then I will put a report here for us all to see.

How does that sound to everyone?

debinoz
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Sounds great to me. I think some of the people working on these have disappeared....

HollyP
10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I've said once and I'm sure I'll say it again, Sandy you are a Super Star:star:!!!! Thanks for taking over! I would hated for this great project to disintegrate due to lack of organization.

It was either last week or the week before that I got a PM from KellyCarr saying she had received the 2 log cabins I had sent her. But that is the last I have heard on any of them.

By the way how is Snowbear doing? I haven't seen her around lately. I hope she is OK!!

Shandeh
10-11-2007, 01:27 AM
I'll do my best. :thumbsup:

I'll let you all know what I find out about our missing blankets, and I'll check on Snowbear, if I can reach her. :heart:

HollyP
10-17-2007, 07:02 AM
:waving:Bumping..... and good morning!

Any news yet on the blankets? I really miss seeing the blankets progressing.:pout:
Is there anyway for a mod to change the title to please check in instead of pg 14 update? Just a thought in case any baby oddballers come by.

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 07:28 AM
I sent a message to Snowbear, but didn't get a response. Now, I'm REALLY starting to worry about her. If any of you hear from her, please let me know.

Do any of you happen to know the name of the hospital where the blankets were donated? I would like to continue to mail them our blankets in honor of Snowbear, since this project was her idea.

I heard from lissalue, who said that she would mail me the baby blankets she has. When I receive them, I'll work on one, and send the rest of them out to other knitters.

I still have to read through this whole discussion to get a full grasp of the knitters involved.

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Okay....I just spent the past 4 hours reading this discussion, and have compiled a list of knitters that said they wanted to participate in the projects.

I think that I'll just start another thread in the Charity section about the blankets. I'll make one thread for the regular baby blankets, and another thread for the log cabin blankets. That will make it easier to keep up with them.

Oddball Baby Blankets - http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=985377#post985377
and
Log Cabin Baby Blankets
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=68072

debinoz
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I think she was sending them to Children's Mercy. It's the only children's hospital I know of around KC.