PDA

View Full Version : knitting scrapbook

1knittychick
05-26-2007, 08:00 PM
One of my goals this summer is to put together a knitting scrapbook. I have my swatches of what I knit, the yarn sleeve, with all the important info, and a picture of the final product with the person who is lucky enough to receive it. So far, I've made 5 scarves and 1 baby blanket. My mom gave me the idea and I think its pretty good. Any other info I can add to my project would be appreciated.

Jill A.
05-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I think that is a great idea. I was thinking of making a "journal" with samples of all the yarn in my stash, but a FO journal makes more sense.

The only other thing I would put in a journal is my impression of the yarn: did it pill as I worked it, was it hard on my hands, did the yarn wind easily into balls, was there a problem in dye lots, etc.

cathoo
05-29-2007, 06:17 AM
I've got one of these! I try to put down all the details of

when I started it,
when I finished,
about how long it took to knit over that time,
where I got the yarn (because sometimes I get it from somewhere special),
how much it cost (if I know),
who I gave it to (or if I kept it),
the patters location or the pattern itself so I can find it laterOf course, I sometimes end up doing this a month or two later so I don't remember the details :teehee: Just like my blog, I've got to get better at doing that.

enthusiastic novice
05-29-2007, 06:31 AM
This sounds like a great idea, every now and then the rest of my life takes over, crowds knitting out and then I pick something up again and think 'how did I forget how NICE this feels?'. A scrapbook might help me to actually finish more stuff, and remind me of which projects are on the go at any given time.

knitwit628
05-29-2007, 07:33 AM
My goal is to make a knitting scrapbook too this summer!!! Well, I am just gonna put as much info that I know into it including pictures. :)

dustinac
05-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Here is a great web site that someone posted in the Year of the Stash KAL. The person has forms for the journal with the info you wanted to put into your scrapbook.

http://kathrynivy.com/patterns/extras/knitting-journal/
Brook

That would be me.. I found that site one day and got busy.. printed out plenty of pages and took all my pictures, skein wrappers, and extra yarn.. took me 2 days but I finally got it up to date and where I can find everything..:woot: I love it.. now I keep better notes too cause my early stuff I have no idea when I started it and finished it and that jazz...dh found it cute and funny all the time I spent getting my binder organized.. :rofling:

ChristinaKnits
05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I actually bought this journal (http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Journal-Char-Loving/dp/1931543380/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8400466-2591003?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180455951&sr=8-1) from Barnes and Noble, it's in binder form so it will lay flat and you can add swatches, yarn labels and all the info and who it was for, etc...great idea ;)