PDA

View Full Version : OT-Contact Lens Solution Recall

Andrea
05-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone!

I just saw on my news that Amo Complete Moisture Plus (http://www.yourhealthyeyes.com/) contact solution is being recalled. I jumped on the internet right away and I can't find much about it, except that it was recalled specifically in Singapore (so far).

I use this solution everyday, so just to be safe, I'm going to use something else.

Just wanted to let people know! :thumbsup:

Here's a link (http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/articleinvesting.aspx?type=tnBusinessNews&storyID=2007-05-27T144224Z_01_N27227583_RTRIDST_0_BUSINESS-AMO-RECALL-DC.XML) to one of the few websites that is talking about the recall. Nice that the AMO website has bothered to mention it yet. :roll:

clb1968
05-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for posting this, I also saw this on my local news this morning and wanted to find out more about it too. I have a couple of unopended bottles in the cabnit and need to see what to do, wonder if I can take them back to Walmart, at 6 or 7 dollars a bottle, I want a refund.

Here is the number for the recall line, 877-884-7779 , looks like there was also a recall in Nov, 2006 .

Braden
05-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks! I use that solution every day, too, so this is a really good post. Thanks, Andrea.

zkimom
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I used that stuff a couple of times but my eye doc had recommended Clear Care and I've been using that and liking it a lot.

The only downside is that it has peroxide in it and you can't put it in your eyes directly -- it has to neutralize before you can re-insert your lenses -- it is not a wetting solution. I learned this from experience the hard way -- I wasn't looking and thought I had grabbed some saline -- OUCH!

I hate the recall thing -- it really makes you wonder about the safety of everything you consume on a day to day basis.

I went to re-order my lenses once and was told I'd have to get another brand cause my lenses were being recalled. No one called to tell me not to use them -- they just waited til I re-ordered after having been through a 6 month supply.:grrr: When were they going to tell me that I was risking an eye infection cause my lenses were recalled???

Oh well -- at least we are finding out about this one.

Best,
Susan

HollyP
05-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Thank you. I hadn't heard. I switched to the AMO after the big Bausch and Lomb recall last year. It really worries me that so many of these thing are being recalled.

clb1968
05-27-2007, 10:43 PM
[quote=zkimom;864347]I used that stuff a couple of times but my eye doc had recommended Clear Care and I've been using that and liking it a lot.

The only downside is that it has peroxide in it and you can't put it in your eyes directly -- it has to neutralize before you can re-insert your lenses -- it is not a wetting solution. I learned this from experience the hard way -- I wasn't looking and thought I had grabbed some saline -- OUCH! [quote]

I had that happen with Clear Care also, boy does that sting !:ick:

Nobones
05-28-2007, 09:36 AM
I was feeding my fish in my pond this afternoon, I rubbed my eye and my contact lense fell in the pond!