PDA

View Full Version : Small knitted gift bag

HamburgKnitter
05-28-2007, 09:01 AM
There was a thread awhile ago about knitted gift bags, so I thought I'd post one that I knitted up two nights ago. I used the "baglove" pattern: http://cidermoon.com/cm0128.html and used three different colors. I used the bag as a gift bag for various beads that I'm mailing to a beader friend, so I added two large glass heart-shaped beads to the ends of the i-cord.

This was a very quick knit, even for a slow knitter like myself! I knit the bag during the course of one evening and finished the i-cord the next day.

(Please let me know if the photo is too big and I'll resize it immediately!!)

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/yarnette/May007032.jpg

merryknitter
05-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Jeannette,
I went to that link to download the pattern, and it downloaded it blank! Can you post the pattern here, please? Really cute bag! I'd like to make some!
Thanks,
Merry :)

HamburgKnitter
05-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Here's a direct link to the pattern itself (a pdf link). Hope this works:

http://cidermoon.com/CM0128.pdf

melissa.atkins
05-28-2007, 12:01 PM
That is adorable! I have some leftover yarn... will definitely make one... thank you for sharing!!

Jan in CA
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Very cute!

auburnchick
05-28-2007, 01:16 PM
That is a really cute bag!!! :inlove:

knitwit628
05-28-2007, 09:12 PM
REALLY REALLY CUTE!!!!!! :inlove: I have favorited this pattern awhile ago, but never made a bag yet... I have to make one!!!!!!!! :happydancing:

nonny2t
05-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Just adorable. I love the colors and the heart beads! Your friend is going to :muah::muah:you for it.

marykz
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
very sweet- the beads are the perfect touch!

dewdrops
05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Just adorable. I love the colors and the heart beads! Your friend is going to :muah::muah:you for it.
:cheering:

larudden
05-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I love that little bag. :heart: The pattern was one of the very first I printed when I found this site!

Love the beads too! Do you melt glass and make your own? I've been lampworking for about 4 years or so now. I got sidelined last week by a horrific burn so I've been knitting lots more than usual. However, I'm hoping to get back on the torch soon because I've got some ideas for buttons that I want to try!

Have a great day!

HamburgKnitter
05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
I love that little bag. :heart: The pattern was one of the very first I printed when I found this site!

Love the beads too! Do you melt glass and make your own? I've been lampworking for about 4 years or so now. I got sidelined last week by a horrific burn so I've been knitting lots more than usual. However, I'm hoping to get back on the torch soon because I've got some ideas for buttons that I want to try!

Have a great day!

Nope, knitting is the only crafty thing I do these days. I was at a bead shop buying my friend some stuff for her (new) beading hobby and saw those large beads and figured they would be just right for the ends of the i-cord.

I spent alot of time in that bead shop, though....I could see myself enjoying beading too!! :shifty:

wewantmore
05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
I've bookmarked this pattern a while ago too. I plan on making them for Christmas gifts.

Michelle

wildflower38
05-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Very pretty!!!!:XX:I just downloaded and casted on....