PDA

View Full Version : New Forum - is there a way to....

knitqueen
05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
...view unanswered posts?? In the old forum there was an option right at the top to view all unanswered posts, which I would click on every now and then to answer some questions that hadn't been responded to. I can't seem to find that anywhere on here.

melissa.atkins
05-28-2007, 12:33 PM
You can sort them by number of replies... but I dont think you can do a "filter" type of sort...

Jan in CA
05-28-2007, 12:35 PM
There is a link to view "New Posts" which puts new posts as well as new ones that have been replied to. I'm not sure about new posts only. I used to do the same thing occasionally. :think:

Ingrid
05-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I've been missing that, too.

Braden
05-28-2007, 04:39 PM
So have I. That was really useful.

Friskums
05-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, it's not as nice and easy as one click, but if you go to Search, and just change the drop down for "Find Threads with" to "At Most" (leaving the 0 for the replies) it'll show any posts with no replies.

That's the only way I can figure it. Maybe there's an easier/different way too. :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
05-28-2007, 10:20 PM
It appears you have to put in search words though...unless I'm doing something wrong. :??

suzeeq
05-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I click on New Posts and that generally brings up all of them. If it takes me more than 5 minutes though, I go to the index and check individual forums to see if I missed any (they're in red). Then I click new posts again and if i think I've got them all, will use the Quick links to mark them all read. It's kind of labor intensive compared to the old forum, but it works. I think...

sue

Friskums
05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
It appears you have to put in search words though...unless I'm doing something wrong. :??

Er... should be in the Advanced Search. (I always just right-click to open a new window. But I guess if you just click on the search up top it just opens a little box.)

Every time I've tried it, I didn't have to put in a search term... :think::??

Yarnlady
05-29-2007, 09:10 AM
...view unanswered posts?? At the top right of the forum is New Posts. Click on that. It will bring up everything that you haven't seen since your last visit, including the posts you opted not to view. When you are finished reading the board for the day, go to Quick Links and choose Mark Forums Read. Then the next day when you come in, choose New Posts again and it'll bring up everything since you Marked Forums Read. HTH

knitqueen
05-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes, I understand that, it's just that the old forum had a link to click that brought up ALL posts that have gone unanswered, not just recent ones.