PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT! I DID IT! YAY!

cookworm
05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't believe it--I just finished the knitting part of my FIRST garment last night!!!!!!! (all I have left to do is sew on the buttons and it's totally done)
:cheering::happydance::woohoo::woot::balloons::yay :

(I'm proud--can you tell??? :teehee:)

And, despite all of my worries, it actually looks nice (not sloppy or amateurish like I thought I would do on my first garment), and size-wise, it seems to be right. I made Sally Melville's "Einstein Coat" in the newborn size, and compared it to one of my daughter's old shirts to check for sleeve length, width, etc.

I couldn't have done this without everybody's kind support, encouragement, and help here. :heart::muah: I'm so happy that I waited to do this project until I had some knitting experience under my belt...had I would've started it sooner, I don't think I would've been able to finish it due to my lack of skills, and I would've gotten discouraged when I didn't understand the directions. Thank you to everybody for your help!!!

But boy, for a baby garment, what a lot of knitting it seemed like!:zombie: I worked on it pretty much all weekend once I finished the baby blanket.

And a special thank you to Snowbear, because you inspired me that a baby blanket can be knit in a hurry (in your post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=837680&postcount=2)), and so I actually finished that baby blanket I had started in time before my friend's baby has been born.:heart:

Now, I have a cute hat, a blanket, and a nice little coat to give them as a gift for their baby, and I'm so happy!! :woot:

nadja la claire
05-29-2007, 09:19 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

So where are the pictures? :nails::tap:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

marykz
05-29-2007, 09:34 AM
great job!!! I can't wait to see it! one of my daughters treasured objects is an Einstein coat in a toddler size... Mom worked SO hard on it and it is so cute- I bet the baby size is just ADORABLE.
:cheering::happydance::heart:

debinoz
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
:cheering::cheering::cheering:CONGRATS!!!!:woohoo:

cookworm
05-29-2007, 03:08 PM
great job!!! I can't wait to see it! one of my daughters treasured objects is an Einstein coat in a toddler size... Mom worked SO hard on it and it is so cute- I bet the baby size is just ADORABLE.
:cheering::happydance::heart:

Well now that I know how to do the coat, I'm thinking about making a toddler size for my nephew. He got kind of gypped because when he was born, I didn't know how to do it then, so he got shorted a little sweater/coat out of the layette set I made him. I can't wait to get started! I went to the fabric store today to buy buttons for the one I knitted, and I saw some ADORABLE novelty kids buttons for future projects.

Aquaria
05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
YAY!!:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

Pictures please~:teehee: