PDA

View Full Version : Artyarns supermerino and my so called scarf?

mornnen
05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I am just full of questions today!

I've seen all of the beautiful "so called scarves" knitted and am tempted to knit one for my mom. I don't want to use Manos, because of the scratch factor and my mom's dislike of scratchy wool. But I also want some cool varigation. And then I discovered Artyarns supermerino while browsing on WEBS. I am in :inlove::inlove::heart::inlove::inlove:!
Would this be a good yarn to use? And related to that, I have seen others mention needing to avoid/watch out for "pooling yarn" -- what does that mean?:think: Would that be a problem if I were to use the Artyarns supermerino?

Thank you!

Julie

Ingrid
05-29-2007, 07:28 PM
I doubt you'd get much pooling with the MSCS pattern. It has so much variation on it's own. I think the Artyarns would look wonderful with it!! I've made a couple with Malabrigo and they were great.

Merino is wonderful on the skin, too.

brendajos
05-29-2007, 08:27 PM
i don't know, i would think you might need to double strand it if you were going to use Supermerino. I love the yarn but it is thinner than malabrigo and manos that i see most people use for MSCS. but it would be gorgeous and feel lovely!