PDA

View Full Version : Why does nobody ever use the chat room?

knitwit88
05-30-2007, 11:51 AM
I usually log in to the chat room when I'm online, but the only time I've ever seen anybody else in the chat room was when everyone was going through KH withdrawal. Man, my English teacher would hate what I just wrote. Oh well. Why will noone ever go in the chat room?????

brendajos
05-30-2007, 12:07 PM
well the last time i was in there (quite some time ago) it took forevah for messages to come through (classic refresh?) and i couldn't log in the other way for some reason. i am just not that patient. beyond that i am rarely around enough to spend time in the chat room.

That being said, i think people have managed to get a good chat session going by posting that the lights are on in there, in the general forum. If people know there are other there hanging out they will show up.

VickyS456
05-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I was in chat when the forum was getting it's facelift, but since then... I don't even know where it is :shrug:

sheldon
05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
We have a new chat software that we're about to launch at KH. It's 1000x better than the existing chat and completely integrated into the forum (when you access the chat, you are automatically logged in as your forum username). It supports multiple chat groups, smiles, sound notifications, private conversations, etc. Above all it works (based upon Flash rather than client/server HTML push) Also, there will be a list of "Who is in KH Chat" added to the main page of the forum beneath the list of members online. This should clue people in as to when chats are in progress.

I am hoping it will be ready in a week or so. We first need to upgrade our server as the chat software is somewhat intensive. Keep an eye out for an announcement in the coming week.

- Sheldon

Jan in CA
05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
It seems to go through cycles. A while back there was always someone there in the evening. Maybe you can plan it with a few people so you can use it. Or as Brenda says post that you're chat and to join you.

sheldon
05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
It seems to go through cycles. A while back there was always someone there in the evening. Maybe you can plan it with a few people so you can use it. Or as Brenda says post that you're chat and to join you.

Our forum has a calendar now (which we are not really using yet). But if someone wanted to schedule regular chats we could add them to the calendar and member could subscribe and receive email reminders prior to the chat dates.

VictoiseC
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I've never even know where the chat room is duh...:shock:

knitwit88
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
If you hold your mouse over the forum button, a little drop down menu will appear. Chat is an option in that menu