PDA

View Full Version : Knitting for felting

sborjes
05-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi,

I am knitting a cable pattern and I want to felt it and make it into a eye glass case. I am making up the project as I go, but I have never felted before. Is my cable going to disappear? Are you supposed to knit straight stockinette when you felt? I don't know what to do. Please help.

Sandy

jeanius80
05-31-2007, 01:48 AM
i would think if you did one cable against a stocckinette or garter background, the cable should still stand out. you will loose some definition, so a nice basic fat cable would probably be best:shrug:

Jan in CA
05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes, you will lose some of the stitch detail, but if it's big enough it may show some. You can felt it a little less, too. I think most felting patterns are done in stockinette or garter stitch.

sborjes
05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
i would think if you did one cable against a stocckinette or garter background, the cable should still stand out. you will loose some definition, so a nice basic fat cable would probably be best:shrug:
Thank you for your help. I guess I will go back to the drawing board on this project.

sborjes
05-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes, you will lose some of the stitch detail, but if it's big enough it may show some. You can felt it a little less, too. I think most felting patterns are done in stockinette or garter stitch.
Thank you, I think I will frog the project and start over.