PDA

View Full Version : Update: El Finito with the Cub Scout stuff, just finished blanket

nonny2t
06-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Here are all three pieces together for my grandson's birthday presents. The blanket was soooooo boring to knit and I am glad it is finished. I started to put a sc border and it didn't look right, then tried pompoms then tassels onto the blanket squares and didn't like that either so settled for the tassels on the corners, which I think look good. Now to buy his 2 video games, tuck in his $50 cash and we are through with the birthday boy.

ah
06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
He's one lucky boy!

Sanibelle
06-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Do you want to adopt me???? All those beautiful knitted items ans video games and $50.00.

I hope your grandson knows how lucky he is.....

JudyD
06-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Great job! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

Love the colors...my old school colors 50+ years ago!

JudyD

nonny2t
06-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Do you want to adopt me???? All those beautiful knitted items ans video games and $50.00.

I hope your grandson knows how lucky he is.....

Right now he is the only one so...I always spend around $100 for his birthday so however that evens out. I think it is because when my kids were growing up money was squeaky tight because I didn't work and their dad was career Navy so I love buying and doing for my grandson. I never count my knitting towards gifts as that is a hobby of pure pleasure for me. He is the only grandchild on both sides, his dad's sister isn't married and he is the only child of his parents. Believe me, knitting is one thing I can do that others don't give him so I always include a knitted project with any of his gifts. If the new baby ever decides he is going to show up, then we will have two to spend money on. I just love it.