PDA

View Full Version : FO: Detroit Tigers change purse

JGM
06-02-2007, 03:47 PM
This is the second one of these I've made. The design turned out better on the first one, but I did a bit better job of installing the zipper on this one. It's made from Palette and felted in a front loading washer. When I felted the first one, I found that the floats behind the long vertical bars of the logo shrunk more than the stitches in front, so I took it out of the wash before it was completely felted and snipped the floats along the back. This helped it to lay flat. For the second one, I used longer floats (most notabley across the wide expanse of orange in the middle of the logo) with the intention of snipping them again after it had felted enough that it wouldn't unravel. Well, I let it felt a little too much, which made it harder to snip, but I was still able to get it to lay flat. You can see how much the floats shrunk in the third picture. The two areas between the lines is where I cut.

Jan in CA
06-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Very cool!

auburnchick
06-02-2007, 05:15 PM
That is really neat! I'll bet you could take orders and sell a bunch!

Mommy22alyns
06-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Wow! Did you design that yourself?? :cheering:

SandraEllen
06-02-2007, 09:44 PM
G O
T I G E R S ! ! !

very cool!

Brandilyne
06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
JGM, that is awesome!! It looks really fantastic.

We used to have a close friend of the family that played for the Tigers. I would have loved to have made this for his wife back then :)

JGM
06-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow! Did you design that yourself?? :cheering:

sort of. I just downloaded a graphic of the logo and used the basic directions from this knitty article (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/FEATsmartchart.html) to create the graph.

Jessica
06-02-2007, 10:27 PM
OMG, I :heart:LUUURV:heart: it!!! Where in Michigan are you? Im in Grand Blanc.
Gotta love those underdog Tigers!!! DEEEETTRRROOOOIIIIITTT BASEBALL!!!!!

PammieJR
06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
That is fabulous! Thanks for showing the before and after and explaining what you did...it looks great! I think other fans might tackle you for the bag! LOL

baronreads
06-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Very cool!
My sentiments EXACTLY!!

Susan P.
06-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Great job on the design element in particular! Well done! I'd be sending your team the image! Thanks also for taking the time to explain your felting issue as that is bound to help others.

JGM
06-03-2007, 02:09 PM
OMG, I :heart:LUUURV:heart: it!!! Where in Michigan are you? Im in Grand Blanc.
Gotta love those underdog Tigers!!! DEEEETTRRROOOOIIIIITTT BASEBALL!!!!!

Thanks! I'm in Clawson.