PDA

View Full Version : OT--Little League season over

1knittychick
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
:cheering:Little League season is finally over. Don't get me wrong, I love baseball and my youngest likes to play (hates to practice). He's not the best ball player (and certainly not the worse). Anyway, he's not hit or caught the ball all season (15 games). Well, today, he caught a flyball in right field and made an out. Yes, you could hear us yelling--proud Momma, Poppa, Gan-mommy and big brother. When it was his turn to bat, he hit a homerun! OMG, I caught all of this on video. What a way to end his season. My dad, got the game ball from the coach and gave it to him afterwards. My heart is still beating 90 to nothing. They lost the game but we didn't care.:happydancing:

michellebreton
06-02-2007, 09:55 PM
:happydance:That is SO cool! My oldest (age 9 tomorrow) plays baseball. He absolutely loves it and is actually fairly good. It is always so fun to see your child do well. I know that feeling! :cheering:

Michelle

1knittychick
06-02-2007, 10:04 PM
thanks! The youngest is just like his older brother. Our oldest son quit playing ball in the 5th grade to take up band. Spent three years in marching band and now has joined the football team. He's also talking about going out for varsity baseball next spring. It's a joke around our house now that the jock gene has come out! (Please, no one take offense to the jock comment--my son loves the joke.) He is very determined to do his best. He's even working with his brother in the batting cage.

MommaG
06-03-2007, 09:42 AM
That's awesome!!!!!:cheering: My son is in Little League too but he has a few games left in his season. He isn't the greatest player either but he has so much fun meeting new kids every year. He also plays soccer in the winter indoors and he isn't great at that either but he has fun and thats all that matters in my books. His first year in baseball his team was the worst but in the tournament at the end of the season the ended up coming in second place.

auburnchick
06-03-2007, 01:36 PM
::::::::::::::sigh::::::::::::::::::

I remember those days...

Congrats on the great day! Kids need moments like that every now and then!

My son's last year of baseball (several years ago) was interesting. You know how it is...always managing, somehow, to be put on a bad team...

His team was the bad news bears...no kidding. We had the runts who just could not hit or score runs. But somehow, they came back at the end of the season and beat the two best (i.e. "stacked") teams to win the championship! Every kid pulled their weight. What a day...

:::::::::::::::sigh::::::::::::::::::

Thanks for the nice memories!

Ingrid
06-03-2007, 03:02 PM
What a way to end the season! I always felt it was a good game if my kids just hit the ball and got to base. Whether they won or not didn't matter--I just wanted them to feel like they did something.