PDA

View Full Version : OT: What's a cookie?

carmabelle1191
06-03-2007, 07:06 PM
:oops: This is a little embarassing to ask, but what's a cookie? I'm having a blog problem.
Your browser's cookie functionality is disabled. Please enable JavaScript and cookies in order to use Blogger.
What does this mean and how can I fix it? Any ideas? :??

Knitting_Guy
06-03-2007, 07:21 PM
A cookie is just a small file that a site downloads to your computer. It typically stores information such as your account info and maybe browsing history.

From the look of that message I'd say you probably have an issue with the javascript settings in your browser.

Just edit the preferences for your browser and enable javascript and cookies.

Susan P.
06-03-2007, 07:21 PM
A cookie is a file of information that a site will attach to your hard drive. The file can hold say information about you e.g. your shopping preferences, I/D etc. They're mainly used to keep track of your activity. A lot of people turn cookie's off but some sites require you allow them to be activated. I generally refuse unless I REALLY want to use the site. Turning cookies on can depend on what browser you are using. Go along the top functions and look through your settings or go to "Help" and do a search.

ArtLady1981
06-05-2007, 04:49 AM
I have "cookies enabled" on my computer... however, the cookies get cleaned out with my daily spyware scans. I give 'em the boot. Why keep 'em?

carmabelle1191
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
My blog seems to have cleared up, but I'm keeping an eye out for any cookie troubles. Thanks for all your suggestions!