PDA

View Full Version : OT: stress! but getting better- could use a hug!

marykz
06-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi All-
I need a hug and a trip to a LYS. Or something. Maybe a big margarita. That's it, a Margarita and some new yarn. :)

My Dad had some unexpected angioplasty on Friday and we found out while he doesn't need surgery (yay!) 2 of his bypasses no longer work and all they can do is medication to help his heart work better. (boo!) My Mom has been so stressed out- we sat in the hopsital and knit all day.... :pout:

My daughter had her 5th birthday party on Saturday (yay!) with 16 little girls and boys running amuck. :balloons:Unfortunately, our air conditioner decided to break Friday night, so the house was stifling. Good thing we planned an outdoor party AND it didn't rain! Kayleigh had a great time and was so happy. But I am SOOOOOO tired!! :sleepy:(and my arthritis is so achy!) My DH did all the clean up (yay!) so now all I have to do is put stuff away.

It rained all day Sunday, and my sunroof on my car decided to leak. all over Kayleigh's car seat! (sigh) I think there was a stick caught in the sunroof so I don't think it will be a continual problem, but now I have to air it out and hope its fixed.

The AC fix it man is supposed to arrive "sometime between noon and five" today.... While I understand they can't predict their arrival time to the minute- it makes me crazy to feel stuck in the house awaiting their arrival. Plus, I know very little about air conditioners so I won't know if he's telling me fibs about what needs fixing... (sigh) maybe DH will come home early to deal with this!

at least it gives me a good excuse to stay put and knit! lol- I have GOT to finish a couple things that have been hanging on the needles...

and I didn't want to do any work today anwyays!!! :roflhard:

Sorry for all the whining :violin:- I think I hear my LYS opening.... :pray:

Thanks for listening- MKZ

Jan in CA
06-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Grab some iced tea and your knitting and take a breather.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

DQ
06-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow! That's a lot of stuff going on :passedout:

Here's some :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: for you!

Chel
06-04-2007, 11:56 AM
:grphug::grphug::grphug:You could have called!!! We could use it as an excuse to go shopping and de-stress!

iza
06-04-2007, 12:06 PM
:passedout: what a weekend you had! I hope your dad will feel better soon. :pout: :hug:

How cool is that, 16 little friends for Kayleigh's birthday! You're very courageous! :notworthy: 5 years old is a VERY IMPORTANT birthday :teehee:, and I'm sure she will remember it.:cheering:

1knittychick
06-04-2007, 12:29 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug:

Here's your hugs, go outside with your knitting and a big glass of iced tea--with sugar and lemon.

1knittychick
06-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I forgot--pick up Died in the Wool by Mary Kruger. I loved it. :hug::hug:

misha rf
06-04-2007, 12:34 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug:

Pepsi
06-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Wow! You deserve to whine!!! Here's a hug and a Margarita! :hug:Do you want that Margarita with salt or without?? Thank goodness your DH cleaned up after that birthday party! :cheering:

Don't cha just hate to wait on repairmen? They never come when they say they will. Hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Nobones
06-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Big :hug:to you :grphug:. Hope your feeling better.

aylaanne
06-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh, honey, I hope you feel better soon. My sunroof leaks all the time, so I take an ultra-thin maxi pad and stuff it in the crack where it leaks. it absorbs all the drips without leaking on my head. I tell people my car has an incontinence problem.

Good thoughts to your dad, and a hug and a margarita for you!

mks22300
06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Hope your day went better! :hug:

Doodknitwit
06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
hug, :hug::grphug:margarita :clink:& a yarn fix :yay:should help!!
praying for your Dad too

losnana
06-04-2007, 09:02 PM
:muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah:

marykz
06-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Thank you so much friends!! I took all your advice, had a nice cold glass of iced tea (sugar and lemon) chilled out and now I'm feeling a little better. the AC man fixed the AC, and the car is dry. I still had a glass of wine at bedtime.... and thank you all for the good thoughts for Dad- he's in good spirits today so they must be helping. XOXOXOXO :muah::heart:

and indeed- we are so blessed to have so many nice little friends for Kayleigh from school- they were such good kids! there was no trouble at all. (God Bless Montessori School!)

Thank you!!!!!