PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from The Seattle Area WA.

gems3125
06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Hello, Is there any knitters from the
Seattle/Tacoma Area, WA. ? :hug:

jhelanee
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Yep! :waving: Welcome to the forum! There are a few more of us Puget Sounders here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=58540). We have discussed setting up a meeting, but haven't done much yet.

gems3125
07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the nice Welcome, Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.
Weather here is quite warm now and I don't have a/c just fans. Computer gets really hot and have to shut everything down to cool it off so it don't over heat on me..
Hope you had a nice 4th of July. :cheering: :happydancing:

jhelanee
07-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Weather here is quite warm now and I don't have a/c just fans. Computer gets really hot and have to shut everything down to cool it off so it don't over heat on me..
Hope you had a nice 4th of July. :cheering: :happydancing:

I understand about the heat - we have the same issue. :pout: Where in Puget Sound are you located?

CounselorScarf
07-07-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm here in Seattle too! I think it would be fun to knit a little with others. I work downtown and live in city.

gems3125
07-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I understand about the heat - we have the same issue. :pout: Where in Puget Sound are you located?

South Seattle area. :hug::happydancing::cheering:

jeanius80
07-07-2007, 01:39 PM
welcome!
this heat can be unbearable! i am in spanaway. way south of you guys ... hope the heat stays down a bit this weekend

Duckling326
07-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Hello Washington knitter here! I live in Shelton and we have been sweating with all this heat as well!! I'm going to go knit at my LYS in a little bit!

Welcome!

esa11y
07-09-2007, 11:00 AM
:hot:Looks like a real 'scorcher' in the coming week! Can't complain though, the sun happens for such a few months. I'm not too far from Seattle by water -- Ruston is in the northern tip of Tacoma, by Point Defiance. Like an island, with water on 3 sides we stay a little cooler. I will, however, set aside the wool afghan I've been working on and switch to a cotton shopping bag type thing, or some cotton socks. Haven't found a group of knitters here in Ruston/Tacoma -- but I'm sure they're here somewhere!
:knitting:

Duckling326
07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
:clink:drink lots of cold cold ice water :sun:this heat is crazy!

I haven't worked on this cabled afghan for almost a month and have been knitting smaller projects.

Right now I'm working on Ruffles and Ridges Shawl from Fiber Trends. Knitting up with DK wool dyed at my LYS.

But right now trying to finish the Harry Potter books again.

antonia
07-11-2007, 11:22 PM
HI I am from Vancouver washington. I am new to knitting.

Antonia

PeattieWa
07-14-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi there !
I'm from Whidbey Island and am an avid knitter. Love knitting for charity and browsing thrift stores and garage sales for yarn and supplies. Can't go to sleep until I have a least knitted awhile. I find that knitting has a calming effect on me and helps to relieve the everyday stress of work. Becky

jeanius80
07-14-2007, 12:21 PM
welcome! there are a few of us from wa here... :)

Duckling326
07-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome Antonia and Pettie!

Ahh so the sun is long gone but what about the mugginess blah.

So what are you guys knitting? Right now I am making a toddler sweater and an afghan. About to start the Sheldon Turtle and a small illusion cloth.

lauraaa
09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Hey Everyone!

I live in Kirkland. New to this forum and new to knitting (only know how to knit scarves) and wanting to learn crocheting too. Looking forward to learning a lot more from these forums!

jeanius80
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
welcome! this is a great place to learn! (btw i'm in spanaway)

REVS
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Can't believe I had not seen this thread earlier!
I'm in Seattle, Capitol Hill.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

tacwaknitterjen
09-28-2007, 12:25 AM
as if my name didn't say enough. I'm in Tacoma well Fife really.

kaytee
09-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone! I live in the Port Angeles area and I'm going to Seattle tomorrow. Know of any yarn shops that I can't miss out on?

pixi stix
10-07-2007, 05:58 PM
**Waving furiously at everyone from her kitchen window in Kirkland**

"Hi everyone!" *grin*

jeanius80
10-07-2007, 07:10 PM
*waving back from her kitchen window in spanaway*
:waving: Hi! (this rain just put off our stoooopid satellite cable...no more iron chef)

jhelanee
10-08-2007, 01:13 AM
:waving: from Auburn!

I used to be in Seattle, but we just bought a house and moved south (where we could afford to buy...)

~Jennifer

merchgirl
10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
hi all! i just noticed this thread...i'm in capitol hill too. i'm a relatively new knitter (almost a year), and i'm just about to start my first ever pair of socks!
:)
~heidi

pixi stix
10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone here ever get out to knit nights around town?

Tobinknit
10-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone! I live up north here in Bellingham. I have been knitting baby sweaters, hats and booties lately......but I should be getting #1 Oddball Lapghan to work on either the end of this week or first of next week. I am really excited to work on the project.

Raeknitsnwa
12-22-2007, 12:22 AM
I am not in Seattle but I am in Kent but I figured I would say hi anyways since I am in Washington right now I am not knitting anything I just finished a scarf I want to attempt a baby blanket but I want to learn how to increase and decrease first keep your fingers crossed for me lol Happy Holidays

ArtLady1981
12-22-2007, 12:28 AM
I am not in Seattle but I am in Kent but I figured I would say hi anyways since I am in Washington right now I am not knitting anything I just finished a scarf I want to attempt a baby blanket but I want to learn how to increase and decrease first keep your fingers crossed for me lol Happy Holidays

Well hi Rae!!! :waving: I live in Kent, too! Hi'ya neighbor! :waving:

I'd like to invite you to our South Sound Knitter's Guild, too! We meet the 2nd Sunday of every month at The Knittery in Renton on Grady Way! The shop is closed for business, but the owner gives our President the key to the shop so we can meet from 1:30-3:30 pm!
The January meeting is being held at a different location down the street from me...off Central Ave...at a member's clubhouse...technically Auburn...but, if you want to join us for our January meeting, please let me know! I will PM (Private Message) you with my telephone number, and we can hook up! I have leared so much from these ladies. That is how I found out about Knitting Help roundabout! We are a large group, but our meetings never seem to have more than a dozen show up! We have several ultimate sock knitters who attend!

Well, dear friend, we welcome you to KH and the KH Forum! Let me know about the meeting on January 14th 2008!

Yours,

Dollyce aka Artlady1981

starburst
12-22-2007, 05:27 AM
I float between Federal Way and Bellingham

I just found out that Village Books in Bellingham has a knitting group once a week and I think that I might attempt to make their meetings when I get back to school

Rainny
12-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Hi everyone, I have been lurking for awhile and just joined. I live in MV but work at the hospital in Auburn. I am using Culured Purls as my closest Lys. Dear Mister got me a gift card for the store so I may head there tomorrow or Monday.

Rainny

peaches
12-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi, I am from Seattle too. Hi everyone!

mrsmcg
01-01-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm in Tacoma.

New here at Knitting help.

On my needles: a poncho from the Viva Poncho book. (currently stumped by the directions). Wondering if I made mistakes. :(

Happy New Year everyone.

Colleen

Eve
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm in Seattle. I work downtown and live in the city. I'd love to meet some other local knitters - I'm a novice and need to soak up some good knitting vibes!

Eve

mrsmcg
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I took a 1 hr. lesson from a local yarn shop, so I have continued on my way with my poncho. I hope it turns out.

I would really enjoy getting together with other knitters. The local yarn shop here has a couple of group meetings, but they are at times that don't work for my schedule.

Would be nice to meet in a cozy little place somewhere. Seattle is a bit far for me.

Colleen

jeanius80
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Colleen! Hi Eve! (btw- Colleen is my middle name :thumbsup:... and my dd's and my moms lol)

What shop do you go to Colleen? Eve, there are SO many shops in Seattle, that i often wish i lived closer to them ;) as it is, i live out in Spanaway, but am lucky to have a couple of really great shops nearby, Lambs Ear farms(Tacoma) and Yorkshire Yarns(Lakewood). Both have very friendly owners, who have meetup pages on meetup.com. That site is a great way to find meetups for whatever your interests are and it's great that you can search by area and topic! Hope that helps!

mrsmcg
01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

I went to Lambs Ear Farm for the instruction class.

The owner is very friendly. The one thing I didn't like, was that there were a couple of interrupts during the class as they seemed to be doing inventory, but she didn't extend the lesson accordingly.

I don't know about Yorkshire Yarns - maybe we could plan a field trip. :)

Btw, I have been hearing of more people named Colleen recently. I even work with a lady named Colleen. :)

Never heard of the meet up pages.

Jean - Spanaway isn't too far from me - depending on how far out you. I live just off 96th Pacific Avenue.

jeanius80
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
i am off of 176th :)

mrsmcg
01-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi again,

I know where that is... out by Stupid Prices, right?
Isn't there a yarn place somewhere in Lakewood or Tacoma called Fiber Frenzy (or something to that affect)?

I found this list while searching the web. If you like to travel, you can see where there might be a yarn shop to check out. There are even states listed besides WA.

http://www.woolworks.org/stores/wa.html

Colleen

bree
01-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi, I'm from Vancouver Island BC, and I'll be in Bellevue next weekend (Jan 25-27). Are there any yarn stores that you recommend I visit in the area, or perhaps on the drive down? Maybe some of them are having sales?

TIA!

starburst
01-17-2008, 04:34 AM
I suggest either Apple Yarns or NW Handspun yarns in Bellingham. The women at Apple Yarns are ridiculously sweet and accomodating. I've had good and bad experiences with the people at NWH, but their store is fairly big and they have a great selection

jhelanee
01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Hilltop Yarn East (http://www.hilltopyarneast.com/) is in downtown Bellevue. I haven't been in there personally, but have heard good things. For the drive down, Great Yarns! (http://www.greatyarns.com/) in Everett is nice. Enjoy your visit!

mrsmcg
01-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Check out the website I listed above. There are some yarn shops along the way of your travels that you might want to check out.

Here is the link...
http://www.woolworks.org/stores/wa.html

Have fun on your travels. I hope that you find some great deals. Let us know what you find. :)

Colleen

mrsmcg
01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I would love to get together with a knitter or two, or a group, but they all seem to meet at times that do not work with my schedule or the group meets somewhere that is too far for me to travel.

I finished my poncho, but now I have to block it, and I'm not sure how or what to use to do the blocking.

Colleen

Julianne
03-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I am a lot closer thank you think! On N Hale street just off of Vassault. There is a knitting guild that meets in Lakewood area at 7PM on the 2nd Wed of the month. Let me know if you want more info. Julianne

mrsmcg
03-29-2008, 08:14 PM
I am not really sure where that is.

I can not meet on Wednesday nights, as I work 1-9pm on that night. During the week my dh gets off work at 7pm, so I usually like to meet in the morning.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Colleen

auburnchick
07-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Hello Washington Knitters!

I am spearheading the West Coast Oddball Baby Blanket project (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81361) over in the Charity forum.

Please take a stroll over there and see if it's anything you would be interested in joining.

Don't worry if you're not into big commitments. This is the project for you!

The way it works is that each knitter knits 4" of a baby blanket, usually 90-100 stitches, using worsted or dk (depending on the blanket) weight, acrylic yarn. You can choose the pattern of your choice, keeping within the three stitch garter edging. Then, when you're done, you send the blanket to the next knitter, leaving the stitches on the needles. Everything travels together.

Each blanket takes about six knitters. You get two weeks to complete your portion. I've found it takes me only one evening...sometimes two.

If you'd like to join us, you can either send me a PM, or you can post a note in THIS (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81361) thread. I'll watch for it, send you a request for more information, and then we're set to go.

Come join a worthwhile endeavor. You'll be blessed beyond your wildest imagination.

I look forward to hearing from you!

PeattieWa
07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
This is really a fun project! I have participated before and I'm signed up for the west coast blanket. It's neat to see how the blanket progresses and it really doesn't take a long time to finish a section! Becky