PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sweater!!!!

Jessica
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Well I got bored with knitting nice things from a pattern, so I decided to knit my tree a sweater and have some fun. I got the idea from a post a couple months back about tree sweaters. My neighbors probably think Im nuts, but its so cute! I have more pictures on my blog. Just wanted to share the tree joy with everyone:muah:

Jan in CA
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I love your tree sweater and your house is adorable! :inlove:

ritaw
06-05-2007, 03:25 PM
How sweet !

original! I love it :hug:

larudden
06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Love the sweater and your house is awesome. Can I have it?:grin:

We're renting right now in a community that has basically no trees. I can't wait til our other home sells (job relocation) so I can get the heck out of here and go into the woods. Then I'll have LOTS of trees to make stuff for.

I don't know what it is but, every time I see a tree sweater, I get the stupidest grin on my face. They're just so darn cute!!!!!!

Maybe I'll make one for the mailbox post. Somehow, though, I don't think it'll be the same...........................:crying:

knitwit628
06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Nice tree sweater!!! And you house is beautiful!!! :D

nonny2t
06-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Very cute! I am afraid our ornery squirrel would have sweater envy and rip it off the tree if I made one for the tree on our deck (we live in a condo) That is a cute idea though.

feministmama
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
OH how cute is that!!!! I love the stripes. It somehow just just "goes" with the house. Maybe they both just look happy. Very cool. I'm so inspired!:cheering:

Jessica
06-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Aw, thank you guys:aww: I :heart:love:heart: my house too, I think its the best, but Boy was the one who designed it (is that wrong to love my house?:??). I have plenty of tree's to make sweaters for, but we trimmed all the lower branches off so when I mow with the tractor, I dont get knocked in the head and knocked off.

Larudden, You should totally knit one for your mailbox. Thats my next project!

Mystery_Gyrl
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
What an adorable sweater for your tree. Graffiti knitting strikes again. Dollars to doughnuts, I bet the neighbor kids think its cool. :thumbsup:

auburnchick
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
That is really cute!

sara_jayne
06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I love it!!!! :cheering:

syndactylus
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
that is pretty!
I really want to make one, but I'm scared someone would catch me sewing it on.
yours looks perfect!

Quiltlady
06-09-2007, 02:28 PM
That's funny. :rofling:It also looks adorable. You gave me a good laugh today.:roflhard::roflhard: I don't think your nuts at all. You just love knitting...I can relate.:inlove:

Jessica
06-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Syndactylus, I felt a little silly at first sewing it on, then it became kinda liberating(even though it was in my own front yard). It wasnt like I was spray painting or destroying anything, I was just simply giving a lonely tree a sweater. I doubt anyone would say anything out in public. I totally plan on getting a tree or two at the U of M campus this fall:teehee:

Quiltlady, glad I could bring a smile to your face. If your not smiling, your not living:muah: