PDA

View Full Version : Insecurity about circs

Susan P.
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm blatantly looking for reassurance! I've started to make a small rug and am using circs but, I find circs a real mental challenge because as soon as the stitches slip onto the thin cable section they are of course 'loose' and I panic they will stay that way. I know this is mind over matter but would you guys reassure me please? :)

Knitting Guy is NOT allowed to tell me they will loosen up like a huge hole in the ground!

Jan in CA
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm blatantly looking for reassurance! I've started to make a small rug and am using circs but, I find circs a real mental challenge because as soon as the stitches slip onto the thin cable section they are of course 'loose' and I panic they will stay that way. I know this is mind over matter but would you guys reassure me please? :)

They are fine!

Knitting Guy is NOT allowed to tell me they will loosen up like a huge hole in the ground!
:teehee:

suzeeq
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
It's the needle tips that determine the size of the stitches, so while the ones on the row you're knitting may be `loose', it's only because they're on something smaller than the tips. Notice the stitches on the previous rows are not loose.

sue

BostonBecca
06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Ditto, it will be fine! I do it all the time.

mum2caden
06-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh, I felt like that at first too.. but no worries, once that passes and you realize it isn't true, you will love them so much!

Susan P.
06-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks to you all! I will persevere once I've done a little work. Work! :shock:

Knitting_Guy
06-07-2007, 08:05 AM

Why in the world would I tell you such a thing? :oo:

Seriously, I worried about the exact same thing when I first tried them. The stitches behave themselves just fine on the cable and slip right back onto the needles quite easily.

Susan P.
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
You have a decent sense of humour is why :-) Well, I'm knitting away on them..I will have a felting question eventually. :lol: