PDA

View Full Version : Help with Colors

bip
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I am in a knitting slump and thinking this http://www.canknit.com/free/ns.html might revive me a little while helping me use up some Kuryeon I've had sitting around for 2 years. I am not sure how much I have, maybe 8-10 skeins? The pattern calls for 14, which means that 20 squares will be the color I have and only 4 will be the colors I buy today.

I'm thinking it might look kind of silly at the 5:1 ratio of color-I-have to other-colors, so I could always make another row or even two extra rows. But how many more rows would I have to add? At what ratio would it look ok? Would 2:1 be ok? Does it have to be 1:1 or better?

I don't want to have to make so many blocks that I'm poking my eyes out from boredom and the blanket is as big as a tent. Of course, I could always leave a little of the color-I-already-have unused. Partial stash-busing is A-ok in my book :)

What do y'all think?

sara_jayne
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
That is an awesome blanket!

If you want to use the yarn you have an only do four squares out of the new yarn I would just put the 4 other colored squares in the 4 corners or right smack in the middle of the blanket, clustered together.

It will look great no matter what you decide! :thumbsup:

jeanius80
06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
i like the idea of all four of the new color in the center. you could do a similar but lighter or a complimentary/contrasting colorway. either would look great!

Kaydee
06-07-2007, 03:32 PM
That blanket is so cool...it looks like an optical illusion. I thought it might be neat to cross the different yarn making like an X over the other Noro. I don't know if I'm making sense, but you could do all the ones that are outlined in yellow the same color, and the rest would be the same but in a differnet color. Just an idea.

jodstr2
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
:inlove: ooh, that's gorgeous! :inlove:

bip
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Kaydee, you really know your way around a computer! And good ideas so far everyone, thanks!