PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Read Thru a Pattern Question?

HamaLee
06-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm knitting Anouk from Knitty and I've got a question to decipher some wording:

Ok so the pattern says:

Repeat rows 8 and 9 until work measures 6.75[8.25, 9.5, 11.25] inches from beg, ending with RS facing. At the same time, change to MC on row 15 and work dec rows as follows:
3 months: Work decs (as in row 7) in rows 11, 17, 23, 29, 35, 41. (55 sts).

Does that mean I change colors on Row 15 and then keep working the pattern in the main color until 6.75 inches, then work the decreases?

Or...do I work in the current color until 6.75 inches, then change to main color and do the decreases?

I feel like it should be Option 1...but the wording is striking me as unclear. Can someone either yay or nay me?
Thanks!

Linky: http://www.knitty.com/issuespring04/PATTanouk.html

five_six
06-07-2007, 09:53 PM
When I made this I interpretted it as Option 1 and it looks great, just like the original only different colours.

Edited to add - you should have already started your decreases on the CC colour part, you change on row 15 and continue decreasing like you did in row 7 throughout the MC - so you have another decrease just after your change. I did a larger size so my dec's are in a different spot to yours but they start in the CC part... I'm sure you did this, but just wanted to add in case.

HamaLee
06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Edited to add - you should have already started your decreases on the CC colour part, you change on row 15 and continue decreasing like you did in row 7 throughout the MC - so you have another decrease just after your change. I did a larger size so my dec's are in a different spot to yours but they start in the CC part... I'm sure you did this, but just wanted to add in case.

Oooh..I did NOT do that! Thanks for the reminder! (I'm only on row 12, so just one row to frog :thumbsup:)

Do you have a pic? I'd love to see how yours turned out.

five_six
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I shall arrange it for ya!

HamaLee
06-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I've got another question if someone can help!

Here's the pattern link: http://www.knitty.com/issuespring04/PATTanouk.html

I just finished the neck shaping and am about to move to the Left Front Shoulder and I just don't understand what the pattern is asking me to do.

Here's a pic:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1366/536676472_774ded1b36_m.jpg

I'm making the smallest size. The pattern says "Knit until 4 sts remain on left needle" and then work those 4 in seed stitch...but as you can see, I've only got like 5 stitches total for each side. (I'm assuming I should only be working on the left hand side, not including the other side in the stitch count.)

So, ok, I guess I knit 1 stitch and then do the last 4 in the seed stitch pattern. Is that what it means? And should I be "starting" the row from the outside edge, or the inner neck-side edge?

Then after the shoulders, it says to BO in pattern on both sides. So, that would be mean nothing on the needles right? How comes the next direction says "next row"...how is there a next row?

Why is this pattern so unclear to me? :??

five_six
06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey HamaLee... it's been a few days since I was able to log on and just wanted to see if you passed this point before I answered it in case you don't need the help any more.