PDA

View Full Version : Felted and drying My first booga!

nonny2t
06-08-2007, 08:26 AM
I was so excited to get this finished, I was felting at 5:30 AM this morning. Here is the bag on its box drying. I am giving it to my grandniece for a graduation present from high school filled with bath goodies, spa and other gift certificates. I think it is perfect for a teenager even an older one in this fun and funky color combo.

I would like to thank MoniDew again as she provided the pink felting yarn for the project as part of her yarn swap with me. Mona, hope you like how it turned out. I am going to use the other skein with white and make a candy striped one next!

Sanibelle
06-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh that looks great - aren't Booga bags fun to make!

Hygiene Mama
06-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Cute colors! I like it a lot :cheering:

nonny2t
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh that looks great - aren't Booga bags fun to make!

I had never tried it because I thought the bag looked so cute it had to be difficult. What a whiz they are to make and they just look so great like they are much harder. I can't wait to start trying all the Noro yarns with them. I have two sisters, a dil, a dd and whomever else I can think of that will get them as gifts. Took me only two days to knit and felt this.

knitwit628
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Wonderful job!!! :cheering:

AnreeAce
06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow!

Love those colors! :inlove: Great job.

Jan in CA
06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
That came out great! I'm sure she'll love it!

stitchwitch
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I love those colors! I gotta get off my butt and make one of those this summer. :cheering:

jeanius80
06-08-2007, 01:48 PM
your booga looks great! i love the colors together! i am making my second one too, and plan on making a few more. they are so fast to knit up!

nonny2t
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I love those colors! I gotta get off my butt and make one of those this summer. :cheering:
You really have to. They are incredibly easy and a fast knit up too.

GinnyG
06-08-2007, 03:48 PM
VERY nice!! I love Boga's:muah:

JoeE
06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
God, I want one of those. I'm not usually big on overtly "girly" things (though I'm certainly not what you'd call a he-man by a long shot), but I think those are so cool looking. I know I'd never leave the house with it, but I'd love to have one to hold my knitting stuff. The more garish the colors, the more I like those bags (NOT that your colors are garish--I mean I :heart: them in even wilder colors). I bet it's fun to knit with bright colors. I tend to lean toward the more somber end of the color spectrum so much of the time.

I've never felted anything, and never really got the point until youse guys started posting pictures of your booga bags. Now I'm working up the courage to try it.

Joe

nonny2t
06-08-2007, 08:02 PM
God, I want one of those. I'm not usually big on overtly "girly" things (though I'm certainly not what you'd call a he-man by a long shot), but I think those are so cool looking. I know I'd never leave the house with it, but I'd love to have one to hold my knitting stuff. The more garish the colors, the more I like those bags (NOT that your colors are garish--I mean I :heart: them in even wilder colors). I bet it's fun to knit with bright colors. I tend to lean toward the more somber end of the color spectrum so much of the time.

I've never felted anything, and never really got the point until youse guys started posting pictures of your booga bags. Now I'm working up the courage to try it.

Joe

Joe: These bags are seriously easy to knit and felt. I made mine one size larger as that was the needles I had and didn't want to go out and buy more but I felted it through 2- 1/2 cycles (My washer has a heavy, medium, etc setting and it stops and "rests" when it goes from heavy to medium) so I reset it once when it stopped and it felted beautifully. This site has a great price for the Noro Kureyon and there are some great "somber" colors that would be a little more sutle without being boring. They also have gorgeous brighter hues and my yarn is Lion Brand Wool.
http://www.woolneedlework.com/Noro_Kureyon.shtml
You should really go for it!

Mariblue
06-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I had no idea they were so fast to knit! Yours looks great, by the way. I'm gonna have to make me one of these at some point! :teehee: