PDA

View Full Version : KP Shipment

Kaydee
06-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I placed an order from Knit Picks, and the tracking said that yesterday the order was in Northborough, MA which isn't too far from me in Boston. My order left Northborough yesterday in the early am and arrived in Springfield, MA in the afternoon. Springfield is on the other side of the state in the opposite direction from Boston! I looked at my tracking from the last KP order, and the same thing happened...they go to Springfield then directly to Boston from there. Why would they do this when it takes 2 extra days?! I'm so impatient...I want my order now!:nails:

Knitalia
06-08-2007, 11:08 AM
They take forever! And their customer service is not that great. Their yarn is though! That's why they can get away with it I guess.

Stonington
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I placed an order from Knit Picks, and the tracking said that yesterday the order was in Northborough, MA which isn't too far from me in Boston. My order left Northborough yesterday in the early am and arrived in Springfield, MA in the afternoon. Springfield is on the other side of the state in the opposite direction from Boston! I looked at my tracking from the last KP order, and the same thing happened...they go to Springfield then directly to Boston from there. Why would they do this when it takes 2 extra days?! I'm so impatient...I want my order now!:nails:

That happened to me too lol. My order sat in Mass. for 2 days! :passedout: I had a meeting in Boston I felt like calling the post office and offering to pick it up! But that is not knit pics issue it is the PO's.

anne

Kaydee
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
But that is not knit pics issue it is the PO's.

That's true. I just don't understand why they do this...it makes more work for the PO.:shrug:

Silver
06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
They take forever! And their customer service is not that great. Their yarn is though! That's why they can get away with it I guess.
It's the post office that takes forever. I don't usually get the free shipping because it takes longer. I pay for quicker shipping cause I'm so impatient! lol
And I think KP has great customer service! :shrug:

That's true. I just don't understand why they do this...it makes more work for the PO.
Not really. It's less work (or less $$$ actually) if they send a lot of packages to larger sorting facilities instead of sending a few packages to a lot of smaller sorting facilities. Your package takes a longer route, but it's traveling with a lot of other packages, so it's cheaper for them. See what I mean?

But that's what I expect from the USPS. My beef with KP is that they only ship via USPS. They should let us decide who we want to deliver our stuff. :doh:

Kaydee
06-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I see what you mean Silver, but it still doesn't seem logical to me that they would take the package from a center that's only 45 minutes away from my house in the opposite direction to a center that's over 2 hours away...then come back another 2 hours to deliver the package directly from there. With the price of gas these days, it seems like it'd be wasting money. :shrug:I don't know...I still love KP and will continue to order from them, I've never had a problem with KP directly, its more USPS. You're right though, it'd be nice to have another option other than USPS to ship orders from.

suzeeq
06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
But they're not taking A package but a whole truckload of them. It does turn out to be more efficient that way, though it doesn't seem logical. UPS and FedEx do the same thing, so you won't necessarily see a linear progression on their tracking either.

sue