PDA

View Full Version : Camp Stuff

knitwit88
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
My friend and I are going to camp in about a month. It's a marine biology camp and we stay in a college dorm room. We both want to make the week extra special, because we only see each other once a year. (She lives in Louisiana) Here's a list of what we want to bring so far:

1. Crepe Paper

2. Calendar Pictures

3. Paper

4. Construction Paper

5. Markers

6. Tape

7. Dusters

8. Windex/Paper Towels

9. /Bowl

10. Cooler

11. Drinks

12. Ipod/Stereo

13. Blankets

14. Spa stuff

15. Tupperware

16. Clothes for Swamp

17. Makeup

18. Shells

19. Room Freshener

20. Knitting supplies

21. Clorox Wipes

22. Books

23. Sundae Supplies

24. DVD Player

25. Pirates of the Caribbean

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!:muah::hug::muah:

marykz
06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
camera
chocolate bars
bug repellant
sunscreen
hat

I went to a marine biology camp at Wallops ISland in Va when I was in HS- it was AMAZING. I hope you have a great time!!!

Knitting_Guy
06-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Jack Daniels?

Oh wait, you said you wanted to remember it. Never mind.

knitwit88
06-11-2007, 05:04 PM
We're both 13!

Stiney
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Jack Daniels?

Oh wait, you said you wanted to remember it. Never mind.

We're both 13!

:roflhard:

Man, you'll be in a college dorm? Those're some swanky camp quarters. :teehee: We had bats and squirrels living in our cabins. Oh, and a bird's nest is the girl's bathroom.

Just remember you are only going for a month, so you don't need to go totally overboard on packing. (Cause you'll have to carry your heavy bags. :ick:)

Miss Moosey
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
A desk fan
A window fan (dorms can get HOT!!)
A broom
That sticky putty stuff for sticking up your calendar pictures
An octopus (it is a marine biology camp after all!)

Enjoy!
Rebecca

debinoz
06-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Is TP supplied? And what about other ummm... feminine needs? Toothbrush, toothpaste? Just thinking of all the things my 14 yo usually forgets...

msoebel
06-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Marine Biology camp? Definitely bring extra shoes. There is nothing worse than having to wear wet or muddy shoes when you aren't in the swamp anymore.

Also:
-Towels (2)

-Flip flops or shower shoes (dorm showers are not terribly clean!)

-Bring enough shampoo and/or body wash to do a quick wash of undergarments if needed/desired. Or pack extra undies.

-You said blankets. I would assume that included sheets. You don't want to sleep on dorm mattresses...and it's great to bring a top sheet so that if it's hot, you can have some minor coverage. Check to make sure the beds are regular sized...some dorms have "Dorm" mattresses...which are twin mattresses, only longer.

-I second the bug repellant!

Bring something you can do by yourself. In my experience, spending a week in the same room with little sleep can lead to irritation (even with best friends). Make sure that you bring something you can do for those times when you just need a break from your friend.

Have fun!
Misty

Stiney
06-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Actually, I think most dorms, if not all, have extra long twin mattresses. There should be plenty of sheets to choose from this time of year--you can pick them up in Bed Bath & Beyond or Linens 'n' Things.

knitwit88
06-14-2007, 10:34 AM
This list is just the fun list! We already are bringing the practical stuff. And the dorms are FREEZING cold, so a fan=not practical
Stiney, did anyone ever get that bird's nest out?

Stiney
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Haha, the birds had all hatched and flown away before the campers came, luckily. I think we did get it out, but I can't remember for sure (it was several years ago.)

knitwit88
06-14-2007, 05:17 PM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

knitwit88
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
just a thought, do you think it might be possible to hang sheets from the ceiling, kind of like a private room?

PCwombat
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
just a thought, do you think it might be possible to hang sheets from the ceiling, kind of like a private room?
Most likely, no. I tried to hang a sheet in front of my closet area last year in my dorm room, and you wouldn't believe the amount of duct tape I went through before I gave up on it. So, unless there are things in the wall that are sticking out (very unlikely, unless there are pipes or wiring covers maybe), you probably won't be able to get the sheets to stay up. Also, technically, in my dorm, you weren't allowed to put anything on the ceiling. Fire hazard and what not.

You are lucky about the room temp, though. I used to go to summer camp at a college, and the dorms were always soooooo unbearably hot. You could tell the camp veterans from the noobs because the veterans would be hauling in like fifty floor fans and the noobs would have a little desk fan. :)

BostonBecca
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
YARN!!!!!

knitwit88
06-25-2007, 10:13 PM
lol im definitel bringing yarn and thanks for the tip pc wombat!