PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Harlot in PDX!!

feministmama
06-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Yippee!! She came to POwells tonight!!! She started at 7:30 and people showed up at 4:30 to get seats! THere were prolly close to 200 people there! She was sooooooooooooo funny! I have some really bad pictures taken with ny camera phone. SHe's taking a picture of her sock she is knitting with the audience. then I just took a photo of the audience before she came out. I have never seen that many people knitting all in the same place. It was glorious. It was kinda like when yousee kids on the playground just go up to each other and state playing, well knitters would jsut go up to each other and go "is that malabrigo?" or "oh wow yer knitting 2 socks on teo circs, how do you do the gussets?"

Knitting_Guy
06-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Sounds like ya had a good time.

Wrennn
06-09-2007, 03:17 AM
I was there .....front row!! :cheering: It was so worth it to get there early. Got a good start on my shawl. Enjoyed getting to talk with other knitters & see what folks were working on. Definately a good vibe going on! :happydance:
She seems genuinely kind & down to earth. And SOOO funny! :lol: The crowd was great too!
My camera died :pout: & I didn't get to take ANY pix. Thanks for posting them!

newamy
06-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh I knew she was going to be there. But I had to work yesterday and knew I wouldn't make it from Corvallis- and it turned out to be a very long day. I never would have thought to arrive that early! I'm glad you and so many others could go.
I got to meet Ann and Kay of Mason Dixon fame a month or so ago at Abundant Yarns and Dye works though. Fun to meet people and discover that they are just like what you think they are like from their writting and blogging.

orcoastknitter
06-10-2007, 12:55 AM
I was there :cheering:

I had a blast! She took my picture with her sock. I told her it was my birfday and it was nice of her to schedule the book signing the same day. It was soooo worth the drive!