PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP to find matching yarn!

purell9
06-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Hello Everyone!

I am brand new (just 12 minutes old!) to this wonderful site.

I have been knitting for two years now and find that I am gloriously addicted.

I'm having a real problem and hope someone can help me.

I've purchased a large quantity of Lion Brands Fancy Fur in PARTY PINK only to find that I'm having the hardest time finding a matching hot pink solid yarn that will go with it.

The "hot pink" eyelash color in this yarn isn't easy to match and I'm really in a bind.

I'm open to yarn weight except a chunkly or bulky weight which I couldn't use.

Has anyone used this yarn (Lion Brand Fancy Fur in PARTY PINK) and found a solid yarn that will match and not clash?

It doesn't matter which brand of yarn it is and I would be SO grateful if someone could suggest a yarn that would match.

I thank everyone in advance for your help.

All the best,

Deborah
(purell9)[/FONT]

Angelia
06-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Your best bet is to take a bit of the yarn with you to your LYS or Hobby Lobby or Michaels and hold it up to other yarns. It would be much easier than to try to find a color online since colors on monitors aren't exactly precise.

Oh, does Lion Brand have another yarn in a similar color? You might try emailing them to see what they suggest; they know their yarns better than anyone, of course, and can probably suggest something for you.

Another possible solution is that you could use a lighter or darker pink yarn, or even yarn of a different color (purple, turquoise, cream, even brown or black), unless you really want an exact match.

Susan P.
06-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I think Angelia is giving really good advice as I notice here with the finished item forum that different images of an item change the colour appearance quite a lot! If for some reason you can't travel to a LYS perhaps ring one and see if they can do a colour match for you - snip a section and send - but matching yourself is much better in store because then you can feel the yarn with your fingers and see which one's you like just from that sensory path. But Angelia's other suggestions for contrasting is as equally good I think.

purell9
06-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Dear Angelia and Susan:

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't use another color (like the yellow or turquoise puffs) in the yarn because I've promised a hot pink solid.

Great idea to contact Lion Brands themselves and that's exactly what I've done. Hopefully, they will be able to provide me with a solid pink that will "go" with the PARTY PINK Fancy Fur.

If they can't then I will have to continue my search at my LYS's which I've been doing for about a two weeks.

You've both been very kind and I appreciate your responses.

Wish me luck!

Deborah