PDA

View Full Version : FO/WIP: Booga bag complete, new sweater started

nonny2t
06-09-2007, 08:00 AM
I just love this bag. The hardest part about the whole bag is getting the holes made and sticking the icord through. The knitting is a cinch! Mine dried in a day because it was upper 90's here yesterday and I stuck it out on the patio table to dry. Can't wait to make more. Now I see why everyone raves about these so much. Mine is a bit smaller than regular, but thought a teen might like a bit smaller bag.

This is a sweater I have started for my grandson (avatar) for Christmas. First try at striping and it is coming along famously no problem. I love the colors, sort of nautical. The pattern called for red and white, but with T's hair color that was a sure no no and his fave color is blue so.... Oh and for those looking at it and saying, "That ain't right!" I am lefthanded! lol

Susan P.
06-09-2007, 09:01 AM
nonny2T..gosh you produce items quickly! Love the bag and the jumper is taking shape very well. I think the bag a great size - that's the sort of size I'd personally prefer. Will this be a gift for someone or an item for sale?

nonny2t
06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
nonny2T..gosh you produce items quickly! Love the bag and the jumper is taking shape very well. I think the bag a great size - that's the sort of size I'd personally prefer. Will this be a gift for someone or an item for sale?
My great niece just graduated from high school and her open house is today. Unfortunately, since the baby hasn't made an appearance yet we are going to miss it. I am giving it to her filled with Bath and Body products, a spa certificate, stuff like that.

I don't work outside the home so I knit all day long pretty much everyday. Besides, this baby waiting thing is driving me nuts so knitting keeps me sane. I am hoping this will be the weekend she goes into labor and we can leave.

Susan P.
06-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Well..all the best re the baby but filling the bag with those items is a really lovely gesture..I am sure she will feel it was worth waiting for! :-)

Sissy
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I love the bag colors.Nice job.......Enjoy!

Mommy22alyns
06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I bet your grandson will look adorable in that sweater! I love the colors of the bag - perfect for a teenage girl! :thumbsup: