PDA

View Full Version : BEST KNITTING DAY EVER!

redheadrachel
06-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone! I am just completely ecstatic right now. Today I went out shopping for my best friend and I was kind of looking for some new wool yarn for my next project, but I didn't know of any great yarn stores around here and expected to have to buy it online. Well as we were browsing, we decided to go into this completely random Home Furnishings shop and stumbled upon my complete yarn paradise! It had pretty much all the great yarn that I hear some much about from here, and the lady who owns the shop teaches knitting classes and private lessons. We had great talk and she helped me pick out the perfect yarn for my project.
Then I came home and saw that my KnitPicks Options set had come in the mail, way earlier than I had expected!
What a perfect day for knitting!

samm
06-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Any day that includes yarn purchasing and new needles, especially ones as great as those ones, couldn't be anything other than a very good day! Knit on! :cheering:samm

auburnchick
06-09-2007, 04:38 PM
:cheering: How nice to chance upon an unexpected treasure trove!!!

Knitting_Guy
06-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Sure sounds like a great day to me.

Yarn in a home furnishings store? :??

zip
06-09-2007, 05:15 PM
That is so cool! :shock: I love random things like your stumbling upon that shop.

Visited my LYS this morning, too. Life is good. ;)

Nobones
06-10-2007, 06:16 AM
There's a yarn corner in our local upholstery store, it's got some nice stuff, but the staff don't know much about what there are selling and the only lady that knits there works on a Sunday! It's a bit too pricey for me.

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 07:22 AM
what a day :yay: you had!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blooby:
what's the new :X: project