PDA

View Full Version : A knitter's badge of honor?

Mommy22alyns
06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I now have a little callus developing on the pad of my right index finger. I can't stop feeling it - I've never had a callus on my hands before! Do you all have knitter's calluses?

Knitting_Guy
06-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I do but I don't think mine are from knitting.

HollyP
06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't. Now I am wondering if other people do and if that means I am not knitting enough!:teehee:

Knitting_Guy
06-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't. Now I am wondering if other people do and if that means I am not knitting enough!:teehee:

:roflhard:

JoeE
06-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Just a little bit. It developed when I first started knitting socks with size 1 (US) needles, but it seems to be getting less pronounced. Maybe I'm not helping stitches off the end of the needle with my index finger as much, or else I'm just used to it now. When I did lots of quilting, the callouses on my finger tips were kind of gross. On the plus side, my finger prints were non existent, so I guess I could have become a burglar on the side.

Joe

Mystery_Gyrl
06-09-2007, 06:32 PM
On the plus side, my finger prints were non existent, so I guess I could have become a burglar on the side.

Joe

Snicker :rofling:

And by the way; no, I do not have a callus either. Does anyone click like they show in movies and cartoons.

chiricahuagal
06-09-2007, 06:39 PM
with metal needles, yes I click - in fact, if it doesn't click, I know I picked up an errant strand of yarn.

auburnchick
06-09-2007, 10:56 PM
No calluses, but I get dents in my right pointer finger when I've knitted all day. My skin will also sometimes break out if I'm using a yarn I'm sensitive to.

My needles click. I've got the option. I love the sound though.

Braden
06-10-2007, 02:45 AM
I have them all the time.

Mariblue
06-10-2007, 03:31 AM
No calluses, and no clicking. Well, ok, if I listen really hard, then I can hear some clicking, but it's not loud like in the movies. :teehee: I took guitar lessons when I was in collage...now there were some major calluses on the tips of my fingers from that.

rebecca
06-10-2007, 03:45 AM
My left ring and middle fingers begin to hurt from the way I hold the needles and I just wear bandaids to prevent blisters, callouses or whatever...works like a charm!