PDA

View Full Version : Alpaca - What to make with it?

baronreads
06-09-2007, 10:29 PM
I was in a yarn store today in between baseball games and fell in love with this alpaca/cotton blend. I'm just not sure what to use it for, so I didn't buy any. :think: I just didn't know how MUCH to buy!

So ladies, I need suggestions so that I can go back VERY SOON! :lol:

Calamintha
06-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Neither alpaca nor cotton hold their shape very well so you might want to take that into account. I wouldn't use it for anything that has to be fitted. Alpaca/cotton seems like an odd combination to me because alpaca is extremely warm, warmer than wool but cotton is usually used for warm weather items.

Knitting_Guy
06-09-2007, 11:00 PM
You don't want to mess with that stuff, just send it to me and save yourself the aggravation. :lol:

Braden
06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Buy as much as you can carry!

baronreads
06-09-2007, 11:07 PM
:rofling: ROFLMAO!! (to both Mason and Conti!!)

baronreads
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm not positive, but I think it was this:

http://www.catalinayarns.com/pages/babypima/babypima.html

BinkyKat
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
I love alpaca..."poorman's cashmere" I've been told :teehee:
I have a shawl OTN in a luscious deep holiday red that I started too soon before last Christmas to have it in time for Holiday use, but I hope to for the next. It's 100% alpaca and a teensy bit hairy in that it has a few fine fluffs that tend to make me sniffle once in a while...but I love it..it's sport weight. I do have several alpaca cotton hanks waiting for projects and I think they feel devinely soft. Not fuzzy and the cotton gives it a nice body. I would think a top or shawl would be perfect- luxurous yet cool and comfy for everyday use. Sky Alpaca has several wrap and top patterns available.:thumbsup: