PDA

View Full Version : Needles

bajanKnit
06-10-2007, 01:47 PM
What are the best needles to knit with and where can i find them online that ship to my island of barbados????any help would be appreciated.thanks:muah:

Braden
06-10-2007, 02:05 PM
It all depends-Circular needles are the best way to go. I would buy several in different brands and materials, and pick what you like best. I would e-mail different companies and see if they would ship to Barbados, and then, if they do, order away!

Hope that helps.

bajanKnit
06-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the response but I meant what type of needle as in plastic metal wool stone etc.......and i have never used circulars before i am just now teaching myself to knit through tv and the site..

Braden
06-10-2007, 03:07 PM
It all depends- like I said, order circular needles in several different types and see what you like best. I knit exclusively with nickel-plated hollow brass, but others like bamboo, wood, plastic, etc. Try them all and then pick.

bajanKnit
06-10-2007, 03:29 PM
thanks i will take your advice and order different types ...............

Ps i tried to teach my husband to knit the basic las weel as i know and he got laughed at and he stopped so i am glad there are guys out there who knit..

Mulderknitter
06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I also second the advice of trying different ones before investing. But be aware that different needles work best for different projects too. I really love using bamboo dpn's for socks, because they aren't slippery and drop the small stitches. And though not often, I do prefer straights for some stuff. Ebay is a wonderful source for finding cheap needles if you just want to try them out. And I'm not sure if you have a yarn shop or not, but my yarn shop lady lets me return needles if they don't work out for me. Good way to see if you like them.