PDA

View Full Version : Oat Couture's 'Manet Jacket'....(Links fixed)

cam90066
06-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Made this for my mother's upcoming BD. Used Red Heart's Casual Cot'n in 'Trailside' and Ella Rae's 'Amity' in Dark Blue. Mom will be 78 and has some health issues so used easy-to-maneuver buttons and did an inside pocket (she has to have at least one pocket!) given the stitch pattern wasn't conducive to working them into the fronts. When she isn't wearing her fave khakis with white tee or shirt she's in jeans so had those colors in mind.

Sweater:

http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/moms-sweater_final_web.jpg

The inside pocket:

http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/inside-pocket_web.jpg

Front band/button detail:

http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/3-buttons_web.jpg

I'm pleased with how it turned out and not only is it very soft but washed up nicely, needing no shaping. Fingers crossed she likes it!

ETA: the original pattern called for 3/4 sleeves with fold-back cuff and that's not something I envision my mother wanting to deal with (too short for when she wears full-length sleeved blouses) and not a feature I've ever seen her embrace.

cam

Buckeyeknitter
06-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I think the sweater turned out just beautifu and looks very practical in terms of colors and fiber. My mother is also 78 and I could see her in that as well - you have given me an idea. Thanks for sharing

Pam

Jan in CA
06-10-2007, 08:43 PM
That's beautiful! Is it a slip stitch pattern?

Susan P.
06-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi..the links are not working for me..I suspected the url's were wrong and so amended and still nothing. I see two of you seemed to see ok..can you check the links again for me tho please?

SimplyKaar
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi..the links are not working for me..I suspected the url's were wrong and so amended and still nothing. I see two of you seemed to see ok..can you check the links again for me tho please?

Hi Susan,

Will they work better like this?

Otherwise just copy and paste the addresses as shown below in your brower :)

www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/moms-sweater_final_web.jpg (http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/moms-sweater_final_web.jpg)

www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/inside-pocket_web.jpg (http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/inside-pocket_web.jpg)

www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/3-buttons_web.jpg (http://www.angelsacolyte.com/cam/3-buttons_web.jpg)

puppyluv
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
the first set of links; no luck, but the second set: :cheering:
beautiful job!!!
your momma is gonna be thrilled!

Jan in CA
06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
I had to copy and paste. I tried to fix the links, but there was an internet blip or something going on when I tried. :teehee:

cam90066
06-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Sorry for the wonky links. I fixed them...checked them...and they seem okay now.

Pam,

Glad you like it. My mom is quite petite and I found the scale of this was good. I designed a wrap cardi for her last fall (TLC's Cotton Plus in lavender, her fave color) and while she loves it I feel it's too long and a tad bit unbecoming stylewise.

Jan,

Thanks! Not a slip st. In the body the alternating sts are worked in row below and the entire thing is worked on circ so you can do RS, RS, WS, WS.

puppyluv

I boxed it up tonight to mail. Not thrilled to see it go cuz it is SO soft. I sure hope she likes it as much as I do. I bought the Casual Cot'n in 'Majestic' to make the Manet for myself. Might be sooner than I orig planned.

Thanks again, all!

cam

slightly addicted to yarn
06-11-2007, 02:21 AM
That is a beautiful and beautifully made jacket - my mum would love it, but don't think I could make one!

soobeeoz
06-11-2007, 03:15 AM
It's very smart looking: casual, but dressy at the same time. I'm sure your mum will love it.

Susan P.
06-11-2007, 04:47 AM
cam90066 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/member.php?u=11293).. I am grateful to another lovely forum member for fixing the links so I could see...the item is glorious. I love the yarn and the design and think both match beautifully. It is a timeless casual chic item that is so beautifully made. Your mother will be able to wear it to some many events and places and I'm sure she will be absolutely thrilled.

LeslieRR
06-11-2007, 08:39 AM
That is beautiful. I'm sure your mom will LOVE it. Who wouldn't?

sara_jayne
06-11-2007, 10:25 AM
That is beautiful! I'm sure your mom will love it!

sue in canada
06-11-2007, 12:37 PM
That looks wonderful. I am sure your mother will be thrilled. I know I would be.

cam90066
06-11-2007, 02:43 PM
slightlyyarnaddicted

THANKS!

soobeeoz

Mom has a nice pair of gray wool slacks she wears quite a bit. This would work well. Hard to tell from the pic all the colors in the 'Trailside.' (Blues, gray, sage green, dark plum...)

SusanP

Thanks!!! My folks live in a senior's complex where they both are involved in various committees, take road trips, etc so seems like they always have something to attend. Occasionally tenants are asked to assist in procurring prospective new residents so mom likes to have something 'presentable' to wear for these occasions. (She's VERY keen and adept at thrift store shopping but her eyesight's not the best. ;) )

LeslieRR, sara_jayne, sue in canada

Thanks for the compliments. Save for the initial frogging...several times!...it worked up quite easily even tho I modified gauge. I like that it has a uniqueness.

cam

auburnchick
06-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Gorgeous!!!

:passedout:

cam90066
06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
auburnchick

Thanks!

cam

carmabelle1191
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
That's amazing, great color work! Your mom will love it.

cam90066
06-12-2007, 08:50 PM
carmabelle1191

Thanks! It's been mailed so hopefully I'll be hearing some feedback soon. Everything I make for my family is a 'present' as I enjoy the element of surprise.

cam

cmk
06-13-2007, 02:58 AM
Very nice! I really like the idea of the pocket inside the jacket.

Carolyn

cam90066
06-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks Carolyn.

Mom always needs place for tissue, piece of candy, or key if she's wandering down the hall. I did the top edge of the pocket not only in contrasting yarn so easier for her to see (she has macular degeneration) but also added a crocheted edge which has a diff texture so she can also feel the opening w/o looking.

cam

Susan P.
06-13-2007, 05:33 AM
cam9066..Those touches show both how astute and observant you are and that you match that with action! Please do come back and tell us what your mother said about the gift. I suspect she'll be delighted.

Debbie
06-13-2007, 07:39 AM
So pretty! And what beautiful knitting!

mwedzi
06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow, it looks really great and very practical.

cam90066
06-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Susan

My foremost concern in making sweaters for my parents is that they fit as I don't have any measurements! I asked, more than once, but was given just generic tidbits like "Your dad usually wears a Large, but you know that green sweater he likes, it fits but the arms are too short" Duh! Good thing knitting's not an exact science.

Debbie and mwedzi

Thanks for the compliments.

cam