PDA

View Full Version : interested in owning a yarn store?

nikkibeans
06-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I just visited the blog for my lys, and found out that one of the locations is for sale. It's located in Pawtucket, RI and is called Yarns at Lace Wings.

Here's the link to the blog.

http://lacewingsknitters.blogspot.com/

I know that lots of you have dreamed about owning a lys, so I thought I'd pass this info along.

Knitting_Guy
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
If I had the cash I would open one up in the town where I live. It's a pretty good sized town with a large population and not a single yarn shop.

Mulderknitter
06-10-2007, 08:32 PM
knitting guy, i think it would be great if you opened a yarn shop. you started knitting around the same time as me and have surely surpassed me in projects and expertise. I think you would make a great lys owner!

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 09:30 PM
well yeah!! but I'm afraid ! when I was a Dunkin Donut girl :aww:
I could take home one dozen every night :eyes: boy what a stash I could have :roflhard:

zkimom
06-11-2007, 06:52 AM
A yarn store -- how much fun that would be!

I almost had one.

Then dh decided to rent his space in walking distance of a yarn store :pout: instead of in another town.

So we are opening a photo gallery instead.

Which works for us cause we are both photographers.

But the yarn store -- oh well, maybe in another lifetime!

Best,
Susan

Sara
06-11-2007, 07:26 AM
well yeah!! but I'm afraid ! when I was a Dunkin Donut girl :aww:
I could take home one dozen every night :eyes: boy what a stash I could have :roflhard:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

feministmama
06-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Aw geez. I would luuuurve to open my own yarn store. And I'm frmo New England so I know the area. Sort of. I could move my son back there and he would have a real accent. yipee! (We live in Oregon now. Not a real accent. Not as good food. But no snow) :think:

Jen17
06-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Hmmmm, I live in RI,too and I have never been to that yarn store ( I must be slipping, lol!). Actually, I would love to own one, but the owners of my lys swear they don't make any money. I haven't done much research, but if I could make enough money to live off of, I would love to do it!!

nikkibeans
06-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Hmmmm, I live in RI,too and I have never been to that yarn store ( I must be slipping, lol!).

You should check them out. I haven't been to the Warwick store yet, but I looooooved the Pawtucket one. Have any other good LYS in RI that I should check out? Once I find one I like, I stick with it.