I haven't even looked through it yet....just came over to post!:thumbsup:

ETA: Our very own KEMP has a pattern on Knitty--CONGRATULATIONS! :woot:

kemp
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for noticing!

kristinw
06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for noticing!

How awesome is that!! You are such a hottie too!

HamaLee
06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
You are such a hottie too!

:flirt: I was gonna say the same thing!

Kemp I LOVE your tank!

jeanius80
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
yay kemp! i kept looking at your tank, and thinking, what a hottie!:teehee: beautiful top. lots of patterns i like this issue:heart:

kemp
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks! :aww:

puppyluv
06-11-2007, 02:03 PM
yay, I love the excitement of a new knitty! SO MANY I'd like to start right this very moment! I'd best start a list.

Note to self: do not mistakenly wear "Coachella" backward.

knitqueen
06-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Our very own Marnie McLean also has a pattern in this issue! :cheering:

Overall it's a good issue! Not much (other than the socks) that's screaming out to me to make, but there's lots of tasteful summer knits in there.

kemp
06-11-2007, 02:06 PM
yay, I love the excitement of a new knitty! SO MANY I'd like to start right this very moment! I'd best start a list.

:roflhard: Yes...that would be interesting!

Coachella is my favorite pattern of the issue. It's way up on my to do list!

DotMom61
06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Very cute, Cheryl!!! And I love that Prickly Girl tank top ... might have to make one for DD !!

kemp
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks Julie! :muah:

feministmama
I'm late to the party to say OMIGODESS kemp you are such a hottie!!!!!!!! Adn I like the way that it can either a tank or a vest. How cool is that? Just goes to show you *are* a diva knitter:notworthy:

Jeremy
Kemp. What a great pattern. You're a star.:star:

Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Kaydee
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Yea Kemp!:cheering: Great pattern...and I have to agree, you are a hottie:teehee:. Your work looks great on you!

sara_jayne
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
:cheering: The pattern is fabulous, Kemp! You are a knockout!

kemp
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
You guys are too sweet :aww:

nadja la claire
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow Kemp!!!! COOL PATTERN!!!!! And you really are lovely.

:cheering: Congratulations!!! :cheering:
:happydance: You Go Girl!!!! :happydancing:
and
Congratulations
to Marnie on another cool hat :cheering:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

PaperGirl
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Ahahahaha! I thought that website link was familiar! I LOVE that pattern!

You so pretty, Miss Kemp. :hug:

BostonBecca
06-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm definately going to knit Coachella. I love the drapiness in the front.

It's lovely.

I think I would like to knit ZinZin, the front of it at least. I might alter the back to just be a low back. I like the front, but you have to be smaller in front than a lot us are to wear things like that.

I love tanks, but I need to wear a bra and so zinzin is just not an option as it is shown. It's really cute though.

KellyK
06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
:hug: :heart: :cheering: CONGRATULATIONS, KEMPYYYYYY!!!!! :cheering: :heart: :hug:

I knew she was a hottie WAYYYYY back when.... when we had IL's first SLEEPOVERPALOOZA!!! :twisted:

Dont hate me, Kempy.... :shifty:

kemp
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Darn it, I need to get to IL again. That was SO. FUN. Thanks KK!!!!!

Eloewien
06-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I like the Tangerine Twist top-- that's really cute!!

Kemp- I do love your top, but I have more tank tops than I know what to do with already!! I love how the colors came out- yummy!

So many patterns, so little time!

zip
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM

:rofl: It's a great pattern. Exactly what I was looking for a week ago to make for a friend in Alabama. I was looking for one to incorporate CarmenIbanez' Nascar chart into.

Looks like it would work. :hmmmm: Too bad I already started knucks for her. Of course, I could keep the knucks for myself...

rebecca
06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS :notworthy: , MY FRIEND!!!!!!
:cheering::blooby::cheering: CONGRATULATIONS :cheering::blooby::cheering:
many times over!!!!
I'm so happy for and proud of you!!:blooby:
Many of you probably don't know that Kemp also has designed for SWTC (http://soysilk.com/), as well as MagKnits (although, I think everyone knows about Happy Socks (http://magknits.com/Mar06/patterns/Happy.htm)!

Now, I'm off to have a look at the other patterns, saw this one and didn't see another!

zkimom
06-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Can I join the Kemp-fest?

Dahling, you rock!

Really lovely pattern!

This group never cease to amaze me.

Thanks to Amy and Sheldon to providing a place for us all to come together and share in the inspiration.

Best,
Susan

BinkyKat
06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
KEMP!!! :shock:
MmmmwwrroowwwRRRrrr!:eyebrow:
This would look darling on my mom. She has just your figure!:cheering:
I like the look with the white blouse, give a sort of corsetted look, very sexshay!:happydance:

bellium
06-11-2007, 10:39 PM
i tried the knitty.com website, but i am only getting the spring 2007 issue. help!

BinkyKat
06-11-2007, 10:53 PM
i tried the knitty.com website, but i am only getting the spring 2007 issue. help!

trclick the "Knitty" in the masthead, that's what I did. The last time I bookmarked the site, for somereason it takes me to the last issue.:thumbsup:

IrishKnitter
06-11-2007, 10:54 PM
When I go to the website, the title still says "Spring 2007" even though it's the summer issue. The spring issue had a picture of those black and white video-game-y socks on the front page. Is that what you're getting?

BinkyKat
06-11-2007, 11:00 PM
When I go to the website, the title still says "Spring 2007" even though it's the summer issue. The spring issue had a picture of those black and white video-game-y socks on the front page. Is that what you're getting?

Yep, I got that at first.... but I just put my mouse/arrow over the big word knitty and clicked and it brought me to the new one. It kinda had to "refresh" if you think of it that way.

suzeeq
06-11-2007, 11:05 PM
If you're still getting the spring knitty, hit the F5 button to refresh, so your browser goes to the actual site instead of looking in your cache.

sue

bellium
06-11-2007, 11:05 PM
i tried clicking on the big knitty. nothing. i tried clicking on the "patterns" - i am getting the spring patterns still. poo! maybe someone can post a link to the summer issue, and i can try to follow that?

suzeeq
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Here, try this - http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/patterns.html

sue

BinkyKat
06-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks Sue, I had copied it but neglected to paste it in my last post.
There ya go!:happydance:

CateKnits
06-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Ohhh, I'm loving that tank, Kemp! I could actually wear that! :cheering: Knit Along, anyone?!

jeanius80
06-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Ohhh, I'm loving that tank, Kemp! I could actually wear that! :cheering: Knit Along, anyone?!
i love it too, and i have four hanks of artyarns royal silk that i think it would work perfect!:heart: i'd have to get a few more projects done first though ... :shifty:

Lieke
06-12-2007, 02:23 AM
I love coupling and breeze. I think I'll make them, but well, I've got so many other things I'd like to make.

mwedzi
06-12-2007, 07:48 AM
I love this issue. Congratulations, Kemp! Your design is so cool, and as it uses Noro, a yarn lots of people like or want to try, and it only uses 3 balls of it, I'm sure it will be popular. I'd like to try it myself come Fall, as I like the look of it as a vest.

I love Coachella and have a design I sketched out with that same kind of neck. "Note to self: don't knit Coachella backwards". You crack me up! :rofling:

ZinZin is just beautiful, but again, the bra thing. Maybe I could modify it and make the back have a strap, covered in ribbon of course, that goes across the back in the right place. I really like the look of this top the best, but I just can't do no bra.

So many sock patterns. I could swear there is a sock pattern just like Breeze, with that very same stitch pattern, in my Socks Socks Socks book.

I love summer knitting. No sleeves!

Ronda
06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
I knew from previous posts that Kemp was talented and all that, but I didn't know about Marnie! She's one of "ours" on KH??? I went to her web site. Wow. Those patterns are spectacular. Both of you get a:notworthy: :notworthy:

knitqueen
06-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Marnie was a moderator here for a long time, but I haven't seen her around much at all lately. She has many beautiful and very original designs.

rebecca
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Marnie has also been on Knitty Gritty a couple of times. Once I know of and another coming up, if my memory is correct.

AnreeAce
06-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I got to the Knitty site last night before I saw this thread. Clicked on the patterns and when the picture for Askew came up I said to myself, "Hey, that's Kemp! I know her!"

Gorgeous design! Gorgeous model!

Congrats!

kemp
06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks again everyone! :muah: You're very kind.

mare-nitt
06-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Marnie and Kemp, great patterns. Such talent. I will have to narrow down my choice on which pattern to do.

They are alll great.

Marilynn

CarmenIbanez
06-12-2007, 04:47 PM
It's great, Kemp! I love it! Plus you look FABULOUS, dahling!

The hat is also great, Marnie!

mum2caden
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
How weird- it was both of those patterns that jumped out at me, then I come here and learn that both of the designers are here too... cool.

They are both really beautiful- I just might have to go out of my comfort zone and try real knitting instead of all of these dishcloths, lol.

I really love the unmentionables pattern too, but then, I love anything old fashioned like that. That would look nice as a skirt too I think, but I would love the have them as is just to wear around my house in the winter...

ADAllen
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow Kemp that's great! Now I'm going to be all self conscious that you'll know what I'm knitting when I order 4 skeins of that beautiful yarn.

willowangel
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
No way! I just finished printing out the Askew pattern, thought 'while that's going, I'll check KH' and realise it's one of our own staring back at me from the front page! It's a gorgeous pattern, can't wait to get started on it (even though I'd promised myself nothing more taxing than scarves for a while, this has so much promise).

Thanks for the pattern *grin* wish I'd look like that when it's done ...

Fi xx

Curly_Toot
06-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Awww man, i've been hanging out for the new Knitty.... there are some nice tops but nothing that i'd like to make :(
I dont do socks but they are pretty!

I do like Kemps Tank.... looks great with the white shirt underneath

Brandilyne
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
kemp, thatís such a great design! :inlove: And as everyone else has already commented, you look fantastic in it! Iíd love to make it but donít want to use Silk Garden (too warm for me and a little too pricey for the amount I will need), any suggestions from anyone on a substitution? I looked all over last night and I think I might have found a couple, but thought it couldnít hurt to ask for suggestions from everyone here!

I also really liked zinzin, though Iíd have to sew my bra strap to that middle ribbon, hee! The Sweet Pea socks are adorable and I am very intrigued with Wisp, as I love a little scarf/shawl/wrap that is interchangeable like that!

Just what I need, more patterns calling me to make them :teehee: I could knit from now until Iím 40 and never run out of patterns that Iíve printed out!

kemp
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Thank you!

Brandilyne...there is a thread about yarn substitutions here (http://www.knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=58764&highlight=askew). I'm hoping people will let me know over time what yarn substitutions work well. I have a post about Askew at my blog and I've asked people to comment there about that kind of thing.

chrislt8
06-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I LOVE the tangerine twist...I think that may just be my next project! And I think my first try at socks may be in order... Boy, this knitting thing became an addiction FAST ! :heart::roflhard:

Luvmyrottnboy
06-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah tangerine twist called out to me too.

Gosh, it is hard to pick a "next project" isn't it? I just finished green gable, have 3 on the needles and my mind is just full of stuff I want to do.

Eloewien
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
:teehee: *chuckle* I had just started another project the night before knitty came out- BIG mistake. It got frogged so I could start tangerine twist... I'm only 2 rows in, but you have to start somewhere!