PDA

View Full Version : Knit It Magazine

michellebreton
06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know when we can expect to see Knit It magazine out on newsstands? Or has anybody seen it? The last issue I have says to display until about April 24 so I would've thought we'd have seen the newest issue by now?

Michelle

bip
06-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I thought Knit It was the Better Homes and Gardens publication that only comes out a few times a year. In fact, I kind of thought it only came out twice a year. I really like it because I find it (and Creative Knitting) a nice balance to Vogue and Interweave knits, but it drives me nuts that it is so hard to find. I just want to be able to subscribe and forget about it until I get the delightful surprise in the mail.

KnitClickChick
06-11-2007, 11:35 PM
I got an issue of this last year and it was great. The other day I saw an issue in my grocery store, but after thumbing through it I was kind of disappointed. There wasn't much good in there this time. I checked online, and Knit It is a collaboration of Better Homes and Gardens and Lion Brand. Here is a link where you can get patterns from the magazine. http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lionbrand/knititPatterns.cgi

Braden
06-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I see a new one in my local Wal*Mart every time I go there, which is once about every month.

suzeeq
06-12-2007, 12:33 AM
That might be another mag. I think Knit It only comes out twice a year. Most of the rest are every other month, some are quarterly.

sue

michellebreton
06-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Hmmmm...if it only comes out twice a year I guess I'll stop hunting for it so hard! I guess I thought a magazine would normally have a display until date that was fairly close to when a new issue would be out.

Michelle

downthestream
06-12-2007, 07:26 AM
I also think it comes out only twice a year and my bookstore thought the next one would be out the end of August or early September.

larudden
06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
I have made myself CRAZY looking for this magazine! UGH! I keep thinking there must be a way to subscribe but, since I have a habit of tearing out all the cards in a magazine before I read it, I can't figure it out. Grrrrrrrrrr..............:hair:

Mystery_Gyrl
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
On the Lion Brand site they state (in the red writing) that the magazine is only published once a year with no subscriptive services.
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lionbrand/knititPatterns.cgi

bip
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I have also driven myself crazy looking for this magazine and trying to remember when it comes out so I can hunt it down. You definitely can't subscribe. I e-mailed the publisher to ask. I'm not sure that all the patterns end up on the lionbrand website, but that would be great if they do.

larudden
06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
So, is the issue that's now showing on the Lion site the latest? I need to have it! NOW!:tap:

nadja la claire
06-12-2007, 11:02 AM
This is the 1st I've heard of it :oops: How much is it and when does it normally come out?

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Mystery_Gyrl
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
larudden,
Looking at back issues of the Lion Brand Newsletter that is a cover shot of the 2005 issue. I think in 2006 they switched over from being an annual magazine to a bi-annual magazine. http://cache.lionbrand.com/Newsletters/25349.html
However, I cannot find a cover shot for the Spring/Summer 2007 issue of the magazine. The latest I could find was the Fall 2006 issue on eBay doing a back issue magazine search.