PDA

View Full Version : Nearly FO: Two Measures of Joy Felted Bag

redheadrachel
06-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey everyone! Here I have a nearly finished object, and it only took just over 24 hours to get it to this point (however I was strangely obsessed with it, and even woke up in the middle of the night and decided to spend a few hours knitting) and it's a lot of firsts for me. It's my first bag, my first felted project, my first project done in the round, my first project with more than one color, and my first project with my new KnitPicks Options. However, it's also to be my first embroidery project and I totally don't know how to embroider and I'm afraid of messing it up...
Anyhow, here's how it is right now:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/RedheadRachel/Feltedbag003.jpg
And an action shot: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/RedheadRachel/Feltedbag002.jpg

It's going to have the first two measures of Rachmaninoff's Third Piano Concerto embroidered, as soon as I figure out how to do it... Any tips are welcome! :D And as always, feedback is appreciated!

EDIT: The bag is finished! It's posted in Whatcha Knitting? under the title of Rach 3 Felted Bag! :D

RMB
06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
OMG...that is alot of firsts!! The bag looks really nice...you did a great job...considering all the firsts! :wink:

TFS...
Rhonda

knitwit628
06-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Wonderful, great job!!! :cheering: I am going to make this bag and was wondering... Did the white felt on your first try?

ecb
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
what about needle felting the notes on?
you just spread the colored wool over the area the Circle of the note would be, and do the outline, then fold the outside stragler fibers in to the middle and needle punch them into the fabric
then you can use yarn to make the lines and cross bars
just a thought

ecb

redheadrachel
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the replies! Yes, the white wool felted on my very first try; it felted just the same as the other colors. My understanding is that some of the bleached white wools won't shrink, but I know that the girl who posted on this website that had that problem later said that the package said something to that effect, that it was machine-safe or wouldn't shrink or something. So I didn't have any problems with the white. If you're in doubt, you should try and felt a little swatch of the white you're using to see if it'll work well.

Thanks so much for the idea of needle felting the notes on. I'm definitely going to try to learn how to do that!!

luv2knit
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I love that pattern! I can't wait to see it with the music notes on it! It looks great so far and I love the color!:happydance:

auburnchick
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Very nice!!!

Mommy22alyns
06-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I really love that design. I bet it would look lovely in any feltable yarn too! :inlove:

LeslieRR
06-12-2007, 12:59 PM
That looks great! And you're so quick! I can't wait to see it when it's done.

What kind of wool did you use?

Jan in CA
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I love it! It's beautiful!