PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on a neck...

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I am working on this mesh sweater, and am about done. (It's been almost a year in the making, so I don't want to have to redo anything!)

The collar is a turtleneck rib. The instructions say to knit the turtle neck, then ease it in and baste it, and then sew. I know I could do this, but why would it have me do that instead of just pick up stitches? Could I just pick up the stitched instead? It would be a heck of a lot faster, not to mention I am more familiar with the technique.

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Just a little bump to see if anyone has any ideas. :)

zip
06-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Seems like you could do so. Can you post a link to the pattern? People may be more inclined to offer advice if they know what you're faced with.

debinoz
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I'd say it would depend on how many sts are in the turtleneck and how many are on the neck opening. Since you mentioned something about easing it in, there might be too many sts in the neck to just pick up.

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, there are 112 in the neck ribbing, and only about 70 available for pick-up. I did waste some time picking up stitches, thinking I could do some increases, but it just didn't look right.

I'm going to so do some research on basting and easing in the neck. This makes me really nervous, even though I have finished tons of stuff before.

clothmama
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry for highjacking, but I LOVE House as well :inlove: