PDA

View Full Version : OT - Help, I need door prize games to play

GennyLynn1962
06-12-2007, 11:05 AM
We are having a wedding shower for DS and future DIL this Saturday, I am having trouble coming up with game ideas for door prizes.

There will be about 40 - 50 people there, all ages, both male and female, so I need something everyone could do.

So far we have..

Guess the number of jelly beans in a jar....

and the plates will be numbered and the bride will draw a number out of a basket to give away a door prize.

I need at least 3 more games.

Any ideas you have will be appreciated! :hug:

AnreeAce
06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
If you've got a beading store close by, try this:

Get teeny tiny little safety pins and mix them in with a bowl of rice (raw, of course :teehee). Contestants are blindfolded and given 1 minute to sort out as many as they can.

GennyLynn1962
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh, good idea. I guess I would set up several 'bowls' of the mix so a few could play at one time?

Maybe I could use cooked rice. :twisted:

:teehee:

jhelanee
06-12-2007, 11:46 AM
When I threw a shower for my best friend, I did a wedding word scramble and a purse scavenger hunt. With a mixed gender group the scavenger hunt (seeing who has the most items from a set list in their purse) might not be as fun, but the scramble definitely would. To play, you give everyone a list of scrambled-up wedding-related words. The person who unscrambles the most correctly in a set time (say 5 minutes or so) gets the prize. (you could do 1st 2nd 3rd etc. prizes as well). I have electronic files of the handouts (and scramble answers) for both of these if you would be interested. Let me know...

GennyLynn1962
06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
The scramble is a good possiblity, I had thought about it before I just haven't made one up yet.

I would be skeered of what might be in some of the purses. :teehee:

HollyP
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I was at a shower for my boyfriend's cousin where there was a trivia game about the couple. Where did they meet , what was the first date, how did he propose kind of questions. It was great since not everyone knew everything and I actually learned a lot about the couple (since I had only met them a few times.) It was also fun for the people who really knew them to see who got the most right!

marykz
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
at my friend's shower they did a "who am I " game. Everyone had a name of a famous person taped to their back. (no one knew who was on their own back.) then you go around asking people questions to figure out who it is.
I.e. person # 2 looks at your label. then you ask: is it male or female? is he/she on TV? etc. etc. etc
you can only ask 5 questions of each person, then you have to go to someone else.
first one to figure it out, wins.

this might be hard with 40-50 people, I think my friends' shower only had 20.

GennyLynn1962
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow, such great ideas!!

We may just do them all.

I knew I could count on you guys!:muah:

zazzu
06-12-2007, 01:09 PM
A wedding shower game I like has guests write down as many song titles as they can with the word "love" in them. There's a time limit, of course.

Have fun with this. :)

ADAllen
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
At my shower, my friend made a crossword puzzle about my husband and me. The only problem was that most of my friends and coworkers did much better than my family:shock:

raederle
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
This was for a baby shower, but it might work for a wedding. You could get baby pics of the couple as kids (and maybe other members of the wedding party...) and see who can identify the most people from their baby photos. (At one baby shower, each guest was asked to bring a baby photo of themselves to contribute to the game!) At our wedding rehearsal dinner, my MIL decorated the tables with photos of us when we were little. Too cute!

They actually have crossword puzzle and word search generators online. Just type in your words and the computer does the work.

Or, check your local library. They have books specifically for showers under 793.2. You don't have to check them out, just skim the chapter on party games!

e,
MLS

ChrissyB
06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi. I went to a baby shower recently that had kind of a fund door prize game. They set a kitchen timer to go off every 10 minutes, and whoevers gift was being opened when the timer went off got a little prize. They gave out bags with scratch tickets, $5 coffe cards, just little stuff. It was fun, and lots of people got little gifts. Anyway, enjoy your shower.

Emeraldcutie
06-12-2007, 09:22 PM
At mine, we gave everyone a heart pin for their shirt. If anyone said the word love, they would have to give the pin to the person who caught them saying it. The person with the most pins one the prize. They also did a trivia one where if was multiple choice questions about how we met, our song etc.

GennyLynn1962
06-13-2007, 10:23 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

Thanks to all of you, they are all great ideas!

The "prizes" will be small, I know they already have a couple of humming bird feeders and some seeded pots (actually they are eggs with seeds in them, crack open the top of the egg, water it and flowers grow), I have glass picture frame, and I am going to pick up a few more things that could be good for adults or kids.

I realized last night that there are going to be quite a few kids there under 9 years old. I think I will set up a table for them with crayons, coloring pages, and some other activities in case they get bored.

I truly appreciate all of your help!! Such a great group of people.:heart:

GennyLynn1962
06-13-2007, 10:34 AM
At my shower, my friend made a crossword puzzle about my husband and me. The only problem was that most of my friends and coworkers did much better than my family:shock:

We thought about doing that, but we knew that their friends know a lot more about them than the family does, (somethings the family does not want to know) so we would have the same result :teehee:

Or, check your local library. They have books specifically for showers under 793.2. You don't have to check them out, just skim the chapter on party games!

e,
MLS

You know where the books are located? :notworthy:

Good idea, if I get a chance I'll stop by there and see what they have.