PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Measurements

kristinw
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm about to get started on a sweater (Green Gable) and I'm trying to decide which size to make. It doesn't come with any kind of schematic at all it just has sizes xs-xl and lists bust sizes (a range is given for each size). What is the best way to measure and know what size?? Do I want it exactly the same size as my measurement? Or do I allow for ease and make it smaller?

This sweater thing is all very confusing and I want to make sure that I can actually wear it.

suzeeq
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I think you make it slightly smaller than your bust measurement - and inch or two. There's several knitalongs and discussion about it around the net. I haven't got time to look up the links now (have to go to work in a bit) but you can search for "Green Gable" +knitalong and you should find some more advice.

sue

kristinw
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your reply. I guess I am wondering in general also though. Or is it different for each sweater?? And I would assume that I measure across the fullest part with my bra on?

I will definitely do some googling of Green Gable though for the specifics on that.

suzeeq
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
It's easier to measure a sweater that fits you well and make it to that size.

sue