PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at some of my first pieces

bajanKnit
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I am a self taught knitter know the basic cast on cast off knit purl kfb increase and k2t decrease I tried my first ribbing project with the scarf and hat my 1st novelty with the cuff and collar and the I tried knitting with raffia to knit the bag. My project are limited because the only yarn I can get here is 100% acryllic worsted red heart and i can't do anything with circulars because they are not sold here so give your honest opinion... . Thanks evryone I looooove this forum you guys are really nice..

PamJ
06-12-2007, 02:36 PM
All your projects are beautiful! I especially love the soft colors of the scarf and hat. You certainly have taught yourself well!

bajanKnit
06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Can anyone help me with the baby blanket in the my projects list i can't understand how to read chart...

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,,DIY_14141_4116091,00.html this is the link for the pattern,,

marykz
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, charts are read from the bottom up, r-l then l-r

if you get confused, you can rewrite the chart into rows/ stitches. (that's what I do- charts make me crazy). I bet readers in the how-to board here would have great links and ideas for reading charts if you wanted to ask your question there. They are so helpful to me.

your FO;s look nice! I hope you find a source for yarn and accessories where you are- I know I'm lucky to have so many choices!