PDA

View Full Version : I have two WIP and I am stuck one is a wallaby

stirsmommy
06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
First let me just say it is a personality flaw I always just jump into things without actually having the know how. I fly by the seat of my pants. I am a newbie, to date I have finished an ugly tube scarf ( I didn't know stockinette would roll) a pair of slippers and now I have a kitchen sink bag and a wallaby on my needles.
I started the bag because I was stuck on the wallaby and now I am stuck on both:??
Has anyone made either of these?
On the wallaby I have the stitches under the arms attached to the body. Now it says to knit a certain number of rows. Am I suppose to be picking up stitches from the sleeves as I go around the body or what????:shrug:
On the ktchen sink purse I got as far as the I cord bind off on the base. Note to self read the pattern to see if you can actually follow it before starting it.
Thanks for any and all help. I really do want to knit tonight! My oldest is on a flight to Japan and I won't sleep til he gets there.
Melissa

Ingrid
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure about the Wallaby, but I know other people have made it. Maybe you should put Wallaby in the title so those who have made it can give you specific direction?

As for the attached Icord, you generally knit 3, slip them back to the left needle. Then you knit 2, k2tog and slip them back to the left needle. Keep doing this last step until all the stitches have been used.

If your bag calls for more stitches for the icord, then just use that number--for example if it's a 5-stitch bindoff, then you'd knit 4, k2tog and slip them back.

suzeeq
06-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Hey, if you don't do something you've never done before, you won't learn anything new. ;)

sue

LeslieRR
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
have you looked at this website? it seems to have some hints on knitting it: http://home.earthlink.net/~adbatiste/WW_FAQ.html
I'm not sure if it will help with your question, but there seems to be helpful stuff there.