PDA

View Full Version : ERRATA STICKY

debb
06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I understand the resistance to a multitude of stickys, but what do you think about one, perhaps on the pattern page, where we could post links to book/pattern error corrections? By putting the name of the book/pattern as the title of the post and with the enhanced search features of the board, it should be easy to do a quick check before starting a new project.

marykz
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I think that could be very useful. Would we try to make sure only links to reported errors are posted there and not "is there an error in this?" type questions?

The pattern page only has 2 stickys at the moment, so personally, I don't think there are too many there.

kemp
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
I think this is a good idea, but weeding through a sticky that could be come very long might be a pain in the neck. My suggestion would be to post errata in the pattern forum using this format for the title of the post:

ERRATA: Pattern Name Here

That way anyone doing a search would come up with the specific thread by using the search term errata and the pattern name.

mwedzi
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I think Kemp's suggestion makes a lot of sense. I think the Errata sticky would become really long really fast (unfortunately, there are lots and lots of pattern mistakes) and soon be difficult to find what you were looking for.

Stiney
06-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I also like Kemp's suggestion. :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Why am I always the voice of dissension?... :shifty:

In my experience on the boards and as a mod I can tell you that it would get used by a few, but many will never look at it. We have several helpful sticky posts, but the questions they answer still get asked. :shrug:

Braden
06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Jan, I agree. I've seen in the "How-To" board, 2 or 3 questions on "Stockinette Curling," and the posts were on the same page. The stickys are definately under appreciated and should be used more often.

I also like Kemp's suggestion.