PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help on unraveling ribbing!

clothmama
06-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi! I am making a wool diaper cover (with circs) and have just started making the ribbed waistband (here is the part of the pattern here:

Waistband Option 2: 2 x 2 Ribbing (with drawstring)
Work knit 2, purl 2 ribbing for 3 rounds
Eyelet round: *k2tog, YO; repeat from * to end of round.
Work knit 2, purl 2 ribbing for 4 rounds

So I have completed the first and second sections and they look good, but of course I am taking some time in knitting (I have a VERY active 1 yo!) and thought I had remembered how to knit 2 and purl 2 - not sure exactly what I did, but it looks awful, so I would like to unravel the last 40 or so stitches so I can now start again!

OK, so I went ahead and pulled the right part if the circ needle out of all the stitches and now it is not "going back" to how it looked before I started this last section iykwim!

Please help!!!!!

Tara

clothmama
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
no one?:shrug: Is this the wrong place to post this? I couldn't find anything on the site, so I am hoping someone can help...

PLEASE??!?!?!?!

Aliann
06-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey Tara,

In K2, P2, ribbing patterns always remember, K2 yarn in back, when you get to the P2 bring your yarn to the front of your work. It sounds like your going to have to cut the yarn and try again. I hope this answers your question.

Aliann

Knitting_Guy
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I always insert the needle as I tink, so not sure after the fact. I'd say you'll have to look at the stitches and work the needle in accordingly.

michellebreton
06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
It sounds like you might be missing the YO's when you are trying to pick the stitches back up. It might be easier to rip it out the eyelet row as well and start over from there.

Michelle