PDA

View Full Version : FO: first felting try: sidekick bag

marykz
06-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm so pleased with how this worked! I was so nervous to try felting- it seems like such magic. The pattern is Amanda's Squatty Sidekick, free from knittingdaily.com. The yarn is Freedon Spirit 100% wool by Twileys of Stamford. (thanks IZA!!!) The only think I changed with the pattern is I lengthened the strap a bit in the i-cord portion.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1351/549592054_8041cc6fa5_m_d.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1379/549592078_5a0069b6f5_m_d.jpg

I'm going to go fix the shape a bit as I see in this pic (Still wet) the bottom is a little lumpy- Yay felting!

(I know, I'm like 100 years late to the party..... :roflhard:)

robynbird
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Great job! It looks awesome. :)

redheadrachel
06-14-2007, 08:30 PM
It looks great - I'm so impressed! Isn't the first try at felting so rewarding???!!! :D

Sanibelle
06-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Your bag turned out great...

MaryKZ -
I saw that pattern over the weekend too and made one too.... and can you believe this... I used the exact same yarn as you did. I originally bought it from Ram wools as part of a kit for the felted fish bag but that pattern was so convuluted that I made this one instead. I used the blue colorway though but I have some more in the same color you made yours in.

It is such a fun pattern to knit... It lasted for less than 12 hours in my posession and I gave it to my friend. My mom saw a picture of it and she wanted one so I am making one for her now.

lissalue
06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
great job!!!

what are the finished dimensions on your bag? i am thinking about knitting it and was curious.

marykz
06-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Your bag turned out great...

MaryKZ -
I saw that pattern over the weekend too and made one too.... and can you believe this... I used the exact same yarn as you did. I originally bought it from Ram wools as part of a kit for the felted fish bag but that pattern was so convuluted that I made this one instead. I used the blue colorway though but I have some more in the same color you made yours in.

It is such a fun pattern to knit... It lasted for less than 12 hours in my posession and I gave it to my friend. My mom saw a picture of it and she wanted one so I am making one for her now.

how interesting!!! I bet the blue was gorgeous- to me the pattern just called for this yarn in my stash... and it was fun to make- easy increasing/decreasing and just enough icord do I didn't go crazy... I think I even have enough of the same yarn for another! I'm showing this one to my Mom today- so we'll see if it comes back home!! LOL
thanks!!

marykz
06-15-2007, 07:34 AM
great job!!!

what are the finished dimensions on your bag? i am thinking about knitting it and was curious.

Thanks!! The bag portion is about 10 inches wide, and about 6 inches tall and about 2 inches deep. The handle is about 16 inches from one edge to the other. It could have felted smaller, but I need the bag to hold enough of my STUFF. (I carry waay to much junk in my bag :rofling:)

I made the handle a little longer than the pattern called for b/c I don't like a tiny strap. I just made an extra 2 inches of icord in the middle of the handle.

Miss Kittie
06-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Nice job on the bag...................

RMB
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Very nice...looks like a fun bag!!

tfs...
Rhonda