View Full Version : What is a "Beehive" Knitting Needle?

06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I found a pattern that I think is oldschool english knitting pattern calling for W.R.N. which i just found out was basicly a YO... is there such a specific thing as a beehive knitting needle.

06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
It's an old brand name.. there used to be Beehive yarns too; I still have a few pattern booklets.


06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Basicallly any needle would work.

06-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Also in old Brit. patterns they sometimes have both a wrn and wool over needle, be aware that one may mean 'bring the wool to the front/back as between a k and a purl or a p and a k' which we do automatically, not always meaning a yo.