PDA

View Full Version : I reeaaaaally don't want to unravel!

wends
06-18-2007, 10:41 AM
This weekend I started my very first sweater/shirt and all was going well until I realized I knit 7 rows too many. Know I have to go back but I really don't want to unravel so I've decided to unknit.

Am I crazy? I know that if I insert the needle where I want to start I'll go off a row (since I'm really bad at doing that) and I want it to be perfect.

I'm only 1/3 of the way on the first piece (the back) and I'm feeling like I'm taking on too big a project.

suzeeq
06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
When I have to go back more than a row or two, I take out the needles and rip it out to the row above where I want to start over. Then I start putting the needle back in as I pull out one stitch at a time until I get to where I need to be.

No it's not too big a project, you do them all just one stitch at a time. ;)

sue

meearnol
06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Wends, I don't like to rip back either. I also don't like to unknit, which poses a problem. Like Sue, I will rip back to about one row where I need to start knitting again, and I unknit to where I need to be. It's no fun, but it's better than frogging the whole thing!

syndactylus
06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't know if this will help, but sometimes it's easier for me if I use a tapestry needle and crochet thread to re-pick up the stitches in the row I want to keep instead of needles.

Good luck!

sorry about the frogging.

wends
06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys! I ended up ripping back and hopefully I got it right at the row I was supposed to go to. I'm horrible at counting rows that are already knit.

Now I'm excited to continue on in my journey, yay!!