PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to our new Crochet forum!

amy
06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Crochet is my first fiber love! I knit more than I crochet nowadays, but that hasn't always been the case. The only reason I've waited on created a forum category for it, is because every time I think of it, I feel compelled to shoot videos on crochet, and the thought of the work involved just makes me a little...ummm.... faint...
:passedout:
:teehee:

But I'm sure you clever people will be able to find some of the crochet video resources that are out there already! Then come on back here (because we love you) and post all about your crochet adventures.

And don't forget dear knitters, Crochetting is an essential knitting skill. You WILL find knit patterns out there that call for a crochetted edge! Don't be a afraid, crochetting is a lot of fun!:cheering:

Nobones
06-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Hooray :cheering: somewhere I can post my crochet questions and finished item photos.

I'm teaching myself from the book 'Happy Hookers'. I realize that it's the American way but I find UK patterns to be a bit fudy dudy and not very fashionable.

I can do all the basics and have crocheted a blanket, but I'm going to try something wearable next.

I'm so pleased we can now post about it and not disturb the knitters who think 'Crochet' is a dirty word! :teehee:

marykz
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
yay!
I'm having fun with crochet too! I made a stretchy market bag out of cotton ease all crochet and it was fun! Thanks Amy!

cougarchick
06-18-2007, 06:11 PM
My first introduction to yarn was crochet, my grandmother taught me. It is fun!!!!

But I have taken more to knitting now!!!!!

aineepooh1
06-18-2007, 08:38 PM
:happydance::happydance::happydance:Yeah Amy Yeah~!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::muah:
I am so VERY happy b/c I love KH and I have been learning to crochet and Now I can join my 2 Loves~!:heart::heart::heart::heart:
thank you very much~!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happyd ance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydan ce::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance ::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:: happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::ha ppydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happ ydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:muah::hug::muah::hug::muah::hug:

Lisa_H-Town
06-19-2007, 12:24 AM
first introduction to yarn was crochet about 25 years ago.. but envied knitters --- TWO needles -- OMG. But I still appreciate the cool patterns and designs that only crocheting can achieve.

newamy
06-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Just peaking in to see what's going on. Not sure if I belong :shifty:.

I taught a co-worker to knit- she took to it like a duck to water. She tried to teach me to crochet. I was all thumbs. It took forever to do the chain. I did better when we finally got to the actual crochet part. I got a simple how to crochet book and tried the Left handed method. For some reason, though I'm right handed, that was more successful. I could hold the yarn in my right like I do for knitting and that was easier. I have difficulty with the controlling the yarn with the fingers of my left hand. Anyway I wanted to know how to crochet edges, if needed. I will have to visit her again when doing such a pattern.

mwedzi
06-19-2007, 01:20 PM
So is this where we post our crochet FOs now?

cftwo
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
This is great! Thanks.

lizardknits
06-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I absoloutely agree.

I first learned to crochet. Im going to do a crochet border for a baby blanket once I have put all the squares together.
:D

humblestumble
06-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Yeay! I've been so anxious! I didn't even know it was coming! But I so wanted one! Thanks a bunch Amy!

1to1
06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I've waited so long for this
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=36957&highlight=1to1.

Thanks Amy!

Jenelle
06-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Thank you for making the new forum Amy! :muah: :hug: :muah:

Quiltlady
06-20-2007, 03:24 PM
This is great that we now have spot for Crochet!:cheering:

I learned to Crochet when I was a child. I did it for years. I prefer to knit but it is good to know how to do both.:happydance:

redmom37
06-20-2007, 03:40 PM
:muah:yayaa!:heart: though i am a new knitter i have been doing crochet
for years now i can do both in one place! yipee!:cheering::happydance::lol:

Gracielen
06-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks Amy...this is great...i have been crocheting for 30 years and just now learning to knit so its a place for both that i can go.

Braden
06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Great new forum! *runs to cancel almost unused Crochetville acct*

ArtLady1981
06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I think it is very good to include CROCHET at KH. Whether knitted or crocheted...the creations are a kissin' cousins!

wildflower38
06-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Great! :cheering: If I can ever get the "never-ending" socks off my needles :pray: I'm going to learn to crochet this summer.... :thumbsup:

batregre
06-22-2007, 01:37 AM
YAY!!!! Crochet is SO my fav craft! I thought, heck I can crochet, surely I can knit! WRONG!!! I find crochet is so much easier and faster. Maybe it's because I never knitted before now?? LOL Glad to see this forum!!

Braden
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome! Maybe with the resources here, you'll learn to knit! :)

VictoiseC
06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
cool cool cool

I love to crochet

sometimes

and now I can talk about it tooooooooooooooo

:heart::heart::heart::muah::muah::heart::heart: thanks AMY!

gems3125
07-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Crochet is my first fiber love! I knit more than I crochet nowadays, but that hasn't always been the case. The only reason I've waited on created a forum category for it, is because every time I think of it, I feel compelled to shoot videos on crochet, and the thought of the work involved just makes me a little...ummm.... faint...
:passedout:
:teehee:

But I'm sure you clever people will be able to find some of the crochet video resources that are out there already! Then come on back here (because we love you) and post all about your crochet adventures.

And don't forget dear knitters, Crochetting is an essential knitting skill. You WILL find knit patterns out there that call for a crochetted edge! Don't be a afraid, crochetting is a lot of fun!:cheering:

Thanks, I do some crochet too, Thanks for adding a crochet board! :cheering::cheering:
:inlove::inlove::happydance::happydance::cheering: :cheering: