PDA

View Full Version : Knitty Gritty

letah75
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Wanna be on Knitty Gritty? I just found this (http://www.knittygritty.com/beonshow.htm) link

redheadrachel
06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh that's so cool! I just discovered this show last week, and I really love it :D

Braden
06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I want to apply to be a guest on the show. I think that would be cool.

Belphoebe
06-19-2007, 04:35 PM
OOOOO! Somebody tell Mason! He'd be great on the show! :thumbsup:

larudden
06-19-2007, 06:36 PM
OOOOO! Somebody tell Mason! He'd be great on the show! :thumbsup:

YUP! I vote for Mason! We should all write to Knitty Gritty and tell them about Mason! How cool would THAT be?

letah75
06-19-2007, 06:56 PM
I think we should all write to knitty gritty and request they have a KH week!

Day 1) Male knitters of KH! and the female KHer's who love them. :roflhard:
Day 2) Amy & Sheldon, the KH god and goddess
Day 3) Kemp's tanktop
Day 4) KH charity knitting, Oddball blankets, Oddball shawls, etc.
Day 5) KHers 'round the world. (talking about different knitting styles, yarn available, and yarn swaps)

Casting All Knitting Groups:
The producers of Knitty Gritty are currently casting for a knitting special! We’re looking for passionate and unique knitting groups with stories to tell in Los Angeles, Houston, Indianapolis and New York city. From the skateboarding guys who like to knit, to the roller derby team that knits together before each bout and more, these are the kinds of groups we want to hear about! If you know, have heard of, or are a part of a group that may be a little off the beaten path, please speak up! Send your suggested stories to Aascoli@sdetv.com.
KnitstersTM:
Want to knit on TV? Knitty Gritty is looking for fun and charismatic knitters to join our circle of KnitstersTM! If you are in the Los Angeles area (or are willing to get here) and you are interested in sitting in on a taping of Knitty Gritty and learning a new technique from some of the coolest knitting designers around, then drop us a note.
To be considered for this exciting and hip new show, email a recent picture of yourself (smiling!) along with images of your knitting. Pictures must be sent via email as electronic attachments. Also give us an idea of the kinds of techniques and projects you are interested in learning. Include your contact information, location and a short bio. Our email address is knittygritty@sdetv.com (knittygritty@sdetv.com?subject=Knitsters).
Please do not send multiple or follow-up emails. Due to a high volume of submissions, only selected individuals will be contacted.

Knitting Designers:
Knitty Gritty is looking for fun and charismatic knitters to appear on the show. If you have a special technique or edgy design that you would like to share with the knitting world, then you just might be the perfect candidate for our show.

To be considered for this exciting and hip new show, email a recent picture of yourself (smiling!) along with images of your knitting. Pictures must be sent via email as electronic attachments. Include your contact information, location and a short bio. Our email address is knittygritty@sdetv.com (knittygritty@sdetv.com?subject=Knitting Designers).

Please do not send multiple or follow-up emails. Due to a high volume of submissions, only selected individuals will be contacted.

Jeremy
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I'd do it.:happydancing:

1to1
06-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I vote for Silver and her sock!!:thumbsup:

ironmaiden
06-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I always assumed all the shows were filmed in Austin since Vickie lives there... never figured on LA. Too bad that's about 3,000 miles from me, I love her.

That cute little raglan sweater from yesterday got bumped up to the top of my knitting-to-do list!

Mommy22alyns
06-20-2007, 01:28 PM
I vote for Silver and her sock!!:thumbsup:

Me too!! "Stumped by Socks? See Silver!" :cheering:

mulene
06-20-2007, 02:23 PM
grumble. I still want them to syndicate it to the UK!

AmandaC
06-20-2007, 02:25 PM
me too!!!!

Braden
06-20-2007, 07:05 PM
I have an idea for a show I'd do:

Shetland Lace: Techniques and Construction

figaro
06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I had to google "Shetland Lace: Techniques and Construction" and all I can say is :shock:....:noway:....:oo:. That is beautiful!

debinoz
06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
WhenI get up early enough to watch it, I tend to like the shows with the easier stuff for us knittingly challenged folks.