PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about KnittingHelp.com?

sheldon
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am doing a little marketing research for KH. I've always been amazed at how this community has grown in such a short period of time. So I am curious: How do people come to find out about KH?

I've created a poll with some of the obvious ways one might happen upon KH (if I missed any, let me know and I will edit it). If you would be so kind to *vote*, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, feel free to post any stories regarding your discovery of KH.

Thanks a bunch!

- Sheldon

Jan in CA
06-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I started knitting in October 2005 by taking a class at the Parks and Recreation Dept. It wasn't much help and focused more on crochet and I was looking for a community of knitters. I am familiar with forums because I belong to a photography forum as well so I just knew there had to be one for knitting and I found KH. The rest is history. :teehee:

Also... I found a few others like Knitter's Review and Knitty and found them overwhelming. Just way, WAY too many sections so KH was wonderful in it's simplicity, ease of use, and friendliness. :hug:

marykz
06-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I had found it through Google originally trying to find knitting videos. (which I obviously found.) I had been using the videos and patterns for about a month before I "discovered" the forum. (never clicked on that part for some reason.)

Then, just about the same time, some one recommended it on Craftster (another craft forum.

So, since I couldn't vote for 2 ways, I put the search engine.

AmandaC
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I found KH through google I think .... it's the first and only one I found

I found it and stayed :hug:

madametj
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
i clicked a link that brought me to the pattern section while i was searching for free patterns. a couple of months later i noticed the forum section and joined.

I didn't noticed the videos till muuch later.

Jax3303
06-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I belong to another forum that has a craft board on it. There was a stickied thread in there about how to learn to knit and KH was linked in there as a fabulous resource.

Kaydee
06-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I googles learning to knit and knitting abbreviations and I found KH. I was using the glossary and videos before I found the forum. After a while a had a few questions so I wondered over to the boards and the rest is history! Boy am I glad I stumbeled apon this site!

IrishKnitter
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I googled "how to knit" and KH was one of the first sites to come up--how lucky!
:teehee:

momwolf
06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
It's been almost a year and a half since I joined KH. My first question was about carrying yarn in the back because I was making a heart on a baby hat,and I haven't left since.I Googled about carrying yarn and this is where it took me

rebecca
06-19-2007, 04:04 PM
I was googling about for something to do with knitting a few months after learning to knit and found the site back in the early days (lol, as if that was a long time ago :teehee:) and we big mouth knitters spread the KH word like wild fire (and still do :wink:). Personally, I think word of mouth from knitter to knitter has really help grow this site. I was chatting with a friend that works for KnitPicks and she told me that she directs knitters that email them with questions about patterns, etc to Amy's videos. I have heard podcasters talking about the site, read about it on many blogs and other knitting forums....we knitters are talkers, ya know 8-)

aprilbetty
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I googled knitting for children and got the KH children's page. It was just so simple to keep clicking and I found the forum. I lurked for a while, then joined. I love the forum because of the people on it -- real people making real knitting projects!

DQ
06-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I found it on Google :cheering:

Stiney
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Google. I was either googling "knitting help" (haha!) or "knitting abbreviations." That brought me to the videos and abbreviations, and then I noticed the forum.

At the time, I was knitting (my first) a scarf that had an error in the pattern. I was hesitant about posting my question, and the answers weren't much help, but that really was because the pattern was wrong. (It was supposed to be one a slant--it zig-zagged.)

DragonTush
06-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Googled knitting videos as I am a visual learner. KH was one of the first to pop up. So glad it did!:hug:

sheldon
06-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies so far! I had a suspicion that Google would be the top referral. We did a lot of work early on trying to get to love us and it has helped! I am hoping we can pick up more links in people's blogs and web sites (psst, bloggers: we have linking graphics (http://www.knittinghelp.com/content/link-to-us.php)!). From the poll results it seems those areas could use some work

I think word of mouth has been a very big factor too. A few times, when out in public, we've had people talk to Amy about her knitting and mention KnittingHelp.com as an excellent resource, not realizing that they're talking to THE founder of the web site!:rofling: It's pretty amazing how many knitters we'll bump into who know of the site.

Stiney
06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
:rofl: That's funny. No one reads my blogs, but I'll plug them for sure.

Newfygirl
06-19-2007, 04:33 PM
When I took early retirement, I promised myself I would learn how to knit - it was really a goal I had. I googled knitting help (because I had no idea what I was doing) and this forum came up. So glad it did. I learned so much from the videos and the chats. I'm still learning but I have come such a long way because of all of you.

Thanks so much!!!!!

brendajos
06-19-2007, 04:42 PM
well i think the majority of people who read my blog are already here but i do have a link to here on the sidebar... i don't know how to add buttons and such so that's the best i can do...lol

I found it googling "free knitting videos." i found another site first that was okay but i had to pay to learn anything more than the four basics (cast on, cast off, purl, knit) decided to look some more and see what else i could find and found this site. that other site's forums are HORRRRIBLE with all the spam. we should never complain about our spam because there's is almost nothing but spam.

brownishcoat
06-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I did a Yahoo! search for "free knitting videos". I didn't find the Forum until much later.

:muah::heart::heart::heart:

lissalue
06-19-2007, 04:49 PM
My story is very similar to everyone else's. I won a Suss Knit Kit on ebay, got it, made the scarf and fell in love with knitting. the scarf was garter stitch, and i wanted to learn more, so i googled "knitting videos" and found KH. I came to the forum the same day, before i even watched the videos i had been looking for.:teehee:

kntsew24
06-19-2007, 04:49 PM
I am a self taught knitter, and I needed to do a ssp, and the books I had were as clear as mud. Luckly I found this site, and your instructions were very clear. :cheering:
I then checked out the forum, and that is what got me hooked on this site. I have learned so much about knitting, and it is a great community.:muah:

jdee
06-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I belong to Davesgarden.com, and I was just learning to knit, using a book. I wasn't quite getting it, and davesgarden has a crafting section, with a needle arts forum. So I went there to post some questions, and a fellow member posted a link, directing me to here.

I have to say that I've learned so much more than the questions I was asking, and I love coming to this site.

jjminarcik
06-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Google brought me here!

Thanks Amy & Sheldon for this fantastic website!

Dilly
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I knit English style, as does the friend who taught me, and was also the way my mother and grandmother knit. My friend saw somebody knitting Continental one day, but neither of us had every heard of it. All I knew was that it was way of knitting while holding the yarn in your left hand. I googled this 'new' knitting style, and finally found out the name. The sight that gave me the name of that knitting style had no description of it, so I googled Continental Knitting and came up with KH and the Continental knitting video. I am now addicted to KH and the forums. It's the best knitting resource out there. :thumbsup:

note: I still knit English style though. I can knit continental, but I can't purl. :rollseyes: :teehee:

larudden
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

orcoastknitter
06-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I found out about this site through a cairn terrier forum I belong to. We have a topic where we post about ourselves and another member said that she is learning how to knit using this website. And since I was new knitter as well I decided to check it out. I am glad I did.:cheering:

Nobones
06-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I voted search engine. I was having problems with the dressing gown I was knitting and Hubby searched for 'knitting help' and up you popped with your videos and forum. I posted my question and had an answer an hour later. Without this place I wouldn't have finished it. It's made a big difference to me talking to like minded people. I could never be without now, when you wee shut down briefly it was terrible and I bet a lot of others felt the same. We need our daily KF fix!

Since then I have seen you recommended in 2 knitting magazines, and I tell everyone who ever talks about knitting or asks me a question about knitting to come here. It's all you need under one roof.

mimi
06-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I found it while looking for help in selecting a baby pattern for my granddaughter and I have never looked back !

kellyh57
06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Another googler here. I googled free knitting videos and found Amy's lovely videos! I learned how the knit stitch at Michaels, but ran out of time for purl. Since I could take the class free (fringe benefits!) she told me just to come back. I was too anxious though and came here 3 days later and learned how to purl and all sorts of fun stuff and haven't stopped knitting since (Feb '06)!

Vendie
06-19-2007, 05:57 PM
A friend actually told me about the videos, and then I found the forums on my own. KH is linked on my company's intranet, even :teehee:

Jeremy
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I learned about it through this (http://www.menknit.net/main.html) forum.

This is what they say about KH
"Another great site. They have small animations and teach both continental and english style (there a few different styles of knitting -- you can try a few out and find what works best for you).

ADAllen
06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
My friends and I have a group knitting blog (http://the-kniterati.blogspot.com/) and someone put it in our helpful links list.

I guess that means that I heard about KH from my blog :teehee:

mulene
06-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I found KH through google I think .... it's the first and only one I found

I found it and stayed :hug:

Amen. Thats exactly how I found it and I'm very very very glad I did =D

Angelia
06-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow, I'm the only one who voted LYS so far? I heard about KH from the Threaded Bliss website. (They're in Brentwood, just south of Nashville). They provided a link that read "The best online knitting site you've never heard of"--and off I flew! :heart:

Actually, the LYS isn't technically mine, though I've adopted it since I always stop on the way to or from the airport in Nashville. Everyone who visits me gets a little Threaded Bliss on the way to my house ;) The store isn't really big at all, but the people are wonderful, AND, they introduced me to KH--I feel I owe them a lot!

beckyrhae
06-19-2007, 07:07 PM
I found out about this site through a cairn terrier forum I belong to. We have a topic where we post about ourselves and another member said that she is learning how to knit using this website. And since I was new knitter as well I decided to check it out. I am glad I did.:cheering:

How funny... I found this website through the Boston Terrier site I post on! A member told me all about it and the rest is history!:teehee:

SabrinaJL
06-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Google!

syndactylus
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
My mother told me to come here and quit my whinin'.
It kind of worked.

(& I too linked you in my blog.)

RachelG
06-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Back in 2004 I was browsing another knitting forum and the buzz was about "this new knitting site on the block"...KH. I think I'm one of the first 50-75 members here, although you wouldn't be able to tell it by my small post count. KH was launched about the same time as KPC.

cindycactus
06-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I Googled Knitty Gritty because I wanted to look up something from their show. That took me to HGTV. I clicked on the Message Boards and found the Knitting & Crocheting Message Board. While reading there someone mentioned that KH had tons of good information. When I got here I saw this forum. The first message i read was by The Knitting Guy and I was hooked.:muah: I have been knitting since I was a child but I have learned more here about knitting than at any time in my life. :cheering: Thanks Knitting Help.

chrislt8
06-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I googled "learn to knit" and found this site...you guys taught me to knit!!! How cool is that?!? :cheering:

Knitting_Guy
06-19-2007, 08:18 PM
I googled for something like knitting beginners or knitting videos or something like that.

hunterjenn
06-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I did a Google search for a video of a certain technique (don't remember what), and was thrilled to discover this site! I think it was the only one that came up on the search page that appeared to have actual videos. Looks like everyone else has about the same story!

Andrea
06-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Actually, the LYS isn't technically mine, though I've adopted it since I always stop on the way to or from the airport in Nashville. Everyone who visits me gets a little Threaded Bliss on the way to my house ;)

:teehee: Like me! :heart:

My mother told me to come here and quit my whinin'.
It kind of worked.

(& I too linked you in my blog.)

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

I am the sole vote for a knitting class. I took one at Hobby Lobby in summer of 2005 and my teacher, who is also the founder of my knitting guild, suggested it for the videos.

It's completely changed my life and I am so thankful for KH! :heart: It's the best thing that's ever happened to me, which sounds so silly, but really, I had zero girlfriends until I joined. Now I have so many wonderful friends, I am forever grateful :heart:

carmabelle1191
06-19-2007, 08:44 PM
I was part of another forum and asked how to knit with two circs. A fellow member directed me, and I remember KH looking really "foreign". :teehee: I lurked for a while, then decided to become a member.
BTW, I never ended up needing to knit with two circs anyway. :teehee:

dreamsherl
06-19-2007, 09:05 PM
I used Google. I needed to make some I-cord for a hat. I not only found directions but the video. I've been hooked on the site since that day.

PaperGirl
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Someone in the Novice Knitters community on LiveJournal directed me towards this place when I was having issues with my knitting. And it was AMAZING. :heart:

BinkyKat
06-19-2007, 10:07 PM
I basically wanted to supliment the books I could find that had pictures I could relate to by searching MSN for "free knitting videos" and I have been hopelessly in love ever since! I have never searched for it again as I clicked on this site and never looked at any other :heart:

ETA: tried that search again, got KH as the first two choices! xoxoxo

Chel
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I was at The Celtic Knot Yarn Shop in Ellicott City, MD and when I was asked if I knit, I responded that I had always wanted to learn. The owner of the shop, Carole, referred me to KH. I will forever :heart: her because of that.

G J
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I used my fav search engine, Dogpile.com. I'm not sure what my original query was, but I watched just about every video clip before I made it to the forum. :thumbsup:

I've sent MANY people to the site since then!

zip
06-19-2007, 11:02 PM
We were visiting my SO's daughter in Denver and all my knitting books were at home. I needed and thereby googled a specific decrease method and found Amy's videos. Wow, is she awesome or what with her meticulous instructions?

When we returned home, I continued to use the videos, while asking myself why the site seemed familiar. A week later, I found the forums, which seemed familiar. That's when I realized that my sister is a member.

losnana
06-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Between court cases one day another lawyer, the clerk of court and I were discussing our knitting. I had taken my Santa Claus sweater to show them. The clerk was familiar with this site and I gratefully copied the URL and have been hooked ever since. I don't believe a day has gone by since then that I haven't checked the forum, and I've used all the videos. What a fantabulous place this is!!

cristina61
06-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I began knitting last summer for the first time in more than 20 years. I was knitting all kinds of scarves from Lion Brand patterns, but in surfing the web heard about Craftster and KH.

It was most definitely the videos that brought me to the KH web site. I'm a very visual learner and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to stumble on exactly the sort of help I needed!

It took me awhile to finally venture into the forum, but it's proved just as valuable. I can't imagine knitting without KH for support and encouragement!:hug:

suzeeq
06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I heard about the site from posters on various other groups or newslists, and knew about it for almost 2 years before I discovered the forum. I didn't visit it much and since I've got a few years of experience didn't go through the site till I got bored one day....

sue

newamy
06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Around February of 2006 I was trying to figure out how to knit because my daughter had been given a "knit this scarf in 2 hours" kit for her 6th birthday. I had someone I know get me started but of course when I went home I couldn't remember everything. So I figured there had to be something on line to help me and googled "Knitting help" it brought me straight here.

Needless to say that scarf took a bit more than 2 hours.

jhelanee
06-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I originally found the site through a google search - for what I can't remember. I think I found the videos and pattern pages first, but didn't discover the forum for a while. I've been spending way too much time on here ever since it did though. :teehee:

debinoz
06-20-2007, 12:54 AM
I Googled "i-cord video", watched it and lurked in the forums for a few days, then decided y'all were pretty cool and joined.

ready2knit
06-20-2007, 01:04 AM
A fellow knitter at my LYS turned me onto KH. I can't begin to tell you how many people I've mentioned it to.

I love the fact that I can play a video on my laptop and "knit along" as I learn. I'm definelty a visual learner. The videos have been priceless to me.

Jana

Sanibelle
06-20-2007, 09:27 AM
I was trying to figure something out and found Amy's videos through google. Everytime I needed help I always came back to the videos, but it was almost a year before I realized that there was also this forum. Now it is the first place I chack in the AM and the last at night. Thanks Amy and SHeldon - I love this place!

leedsfan
06-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I found knitting help.com on tiscali.

cftwo
06-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Someone on a fitness forum recommended the site.

dewalkes
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm interested in meeting an experience knitting friend, to teach me advance stitches. eg: sl-slip stitch, and psso. I want to be able to create and work on shawls with feather ,leaf, and lacey designs. I live in Brooklyn New York,

walmin22
06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Was listed in a thread on diaperpin.com

sheldon
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
KH is linked on my company's intranet, even :teehee:

WOW! KH has corporate intranet cred!

robynbird
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I learned to knit from my SIL but didnt' do it regularly. When I decided to pick it up again, I did a search for knitting videos and found KH. The rest is history! :)

aineepooh1
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I took 2.. :oops:yep 2 knitting classes and still couldn't get it~!:wall::wall::wall:. I went to class.. thought HEY~ I got this and then got home and got it all screwed up~! I bought COUNTLESS books and just :shrug: :shrug::shrug::shrug:it just didn't seem to help much. I started watching Knitty Gritty and saw the videos on the knitty cam and that got me to thinking~! ....Watching the videos is like having a personal tutuor on demand on MY schedule.. ME LIKEY~! !!!!
After watching Amy:thumbsup:several times.. I finally began to branch out from the garter stitch.. and I am ETERNALLY grateful.. I started hanging out at the boards and noticed how all the other knitters were so HELPFUL but NOT condescending.. including the experienced MODS~! I was just hooked after then.. now I have to get my fix daily.. occasionally every other day ( but not often!~:rofl::rofl::rofl:)
Yep: I googled and found KH~!:clink:

:heart::heart::heart::heart:YOU Amy and Sheldon~!
Ainee:clink:

1to1
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
MSN for Knitting Forums in Feb 2005.

I was taking a knitting class and wanted to have a group to come to. Even though I dont post much, I come here almost daily.

When I joined I didnt realize how new this site was. The videos and everyone have been so helpful.:muah::thumbsup::happydancing:

Cristy
06-20-2007, 12:09 PM
For me...it was a search engine. I was looking for a site to help me perfect my (at the time) horrible knitting skills...I had been trying to learn on and off for about 5 years and could knit, had knot (:roflhard: that was a total accident but I'll leave it...) tried purling and my tension was HORRIBLE. I knew no one that knit and I was too cheap to take a class...

btw Sheldon...(and Amy)...thanks for KH--I really needed it!

Mommy22alyns
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I'd just started a knitting class and needed help. I was between classes, so I Googled something like "knitting help" and voila! I was a very happy person when I saw those videos. :happydance:

mks22300
06-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Good ole Google for me! :grin:

sheldon
06-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone who voted (and posted). I really enjoyed reading through the stories of how you all find came to find KH.

Happy Summer!:cheering:

- Sheldon

knitwit628
06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I was very bored one day and decided to search for knitting forums on Google. Then I found KH! :)

DragonsChest
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
I voted through another forum, but it was really more through my Yahoo Fiber Group for Oklahoma Knitters. I asked a question to the membership and I was referred here. How Wonderful! :muah:

LadyB
06-21-2007, 11:13 AM
This website was recommended on a non-knitting blog that I frequent. They learned to knit from this site.

Carla1019
06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I found this place by googleing. I was looking for someone who might have the mag. that my pattern was in that got lost. (my daughter throw away:gah:) The Google page took me straight to the forum. Looking around and posting I found my patten. And have since finish the sweater.

SandraEllen
06-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Google. I was looking for some videos on abbreviations that are in patterns.

knitaholic
06-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I always wanted to knit, but had no one to help me. My sister-in-law tried to help me, but she doesn't like to knit--she prefers to crochet, and therefore, she confused casting on with chaining for crochet (I used to crochet, so I knew this wasn't correct). Anyway, I decided to find a site on the internet that offered 'live videos" and came upon this site. With the help of the videos, I finally learned--I sat in front the the computer and practiced the stitches until I learned them. Best thing I ever came upon.

Thanks Amy & Sheldon.

Knitaholic:muah:

Lady Violet
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
i had to yo for something. i was pretty sure i was doing it right, but i just wanted to make sure. i googled yarnovers and clicked "i feel lucky." (it's always more fun that way. :teehee:) well, boy was i lucky! i got amy's video and had never seen anything explained so simply and perfectly before. i've pretty much been addicted ever since.
THANKS AMY & SHELDON!!! :hug: :yay:

gingerbread
06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
I was new again to knitting and wanted to find how to do something. Funny don't even remember what it was. But google sent me here and I haven't left. I have learned more here than if I had my own private tutor.:flirt:

KT120
06-22-2007, 11:13 AM
When I took my knitting class at the LYS I was given rave reviews about this site. I started lurking the next day and finally joined yesterday. I have to say the videos are great as I'm very visual and I don't have help from any knitters so this is my source of knowledge right now.

I love this site!

Ronda
06-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I love Google! I was teaching myself to knit, and I bought some "how-to-knit" books. I learn better when I'm shown something though, so I got on Google and started searching for help. I used to cross stitch and knew of a site that had "stitch animations," so I Googled for something similar in knitting. KH's videos came right up, and the rest is history. ;-)

sheknits
06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I stumbled across this site through Google when I was trying to teach myself to knit last summer. I don't post much, but visit every day and have learned so much!

I couldn't have dreamed that a year later I'd be working on my first sweater? (sure, it's a raggedy lopsided sweater with strange holes in it, but still ...) :lol:

1knittychick
06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Watched Knitty Gritty with Amy as a guest and became a member. Love the site and the cd.

Shandeh
06-23-2007, 01:32 AM
I really can't remember exactly, but it must have been while doing a search on Google for "knitting patterns". I remember seeing "forum" as one of the tabs on the Knitting Help website, so I clicked on it to check it out. I was already a member of another knitting forum, but didn't really feel welcome there.

I was greeted, welcomed, and encouraged on my very first day in the KH forum. I've never gone back to the other forum. :teehee:

Aliann
06-23-2007, 02:01 AM
I learned to knit in January 2007, when trying to do the purl stitch I did a search on Yahoo! for knitting videos and KH was #1, and I've been here ever since.

floppy2
06-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Saw knittinghelp.com at Simply Socks Yarn Company when they first opened. I was looking for a way to learn how to decrease so I could begin to make socks and there it was.:cheering:

bjr

DragonsChest
06-24-2007, 02:08 PM
An aside: I was sock knitting in Barnes and Nobles while my daughter and her friends were book shopping. A man and his wife came in and were looking at the knitting books behind me. I could see that they kept watching me and then looking at the books, me, then the books. Finally the man asked, "What are you making? And why are there so many needles?" I was using four DPNS.

I told them it was a sock, and that while I was only using four needles, I could use five. The woman said she was trying to learn how to knit and what I was doing looked way too hard. I told her I'd been knitting for about 25 years, but only took up socks about six months ago. I had been afraid of socks, but that they turned out to be pretty cool and easy.

I then rummaged through my purse to find a scrap piece of paper, and wrote down this site's URL. I gave it to her and told her all about this wonderous forum. I hope she actually went home and looked it up. KnittingHelp has been a source of great help to me in my knitting, and it's such a friendly family place.

If you are out there, lady from the Tulsa B&N Bookstore -- give us a shout out!!! :cheering:

aineepooh1
06-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Well... my story isn't as interesting as Dragonschest.. but ( I have already posted how I found KH).. but I have been to Hobby lobby serveral times shopping and have referred KH twice that I can remember..
their response was... I didn't even know they existed and the videos are FREE??:aww:
I always tell them KH is friendly, helpful, and fun~!:waving:

Shandeh
06-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I've actually printed out some business cards that I can hand out with the KH website on it. Makes my life a lot easier when people ask how they can learn to knit. :thumbsup:

I can't remember who designed it, but I use it all the time.

Limey
06-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I only knew the basics of knitting and wanted to find out more info - I googled 'knitting' and up popped Knitting Resource, with Amy's videos.

The rest is history .... it's been great over the last few years, watching the site get bigger and better.

Best Wishes and MANY THANKS:happydance:

Limey

DeAnzaJig
06-25-2007, 07:52 AM
A friend recommended this site.

I had taken a knitting class and started a dog sweater, but long after the class was over (like 1 year!) had reached a point in the pattern that thoroughly confused me. Since the instructor had closed her LYS, I had no one to turn to for help.

I posted my question on the Pattern Help section, received some answers, finished the dog sweater, and have been cranking out knitted objects ever since!

I :heart: KH!