PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Harlot's new book, anyone?

knitqueen
06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Who's read Stephanie Pearl-McFee's new book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1580176585/yarnharlot-20)?? On a whim, I searched for it on ebay and found a brand new copy for $5 :shock: and only $3 shipping to Canada! :shock::happydance: It was even 'buy it now' so I snagged it. SO excited - I loved all her other books.

Any reviews?

Jeremy
06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Its the first book of hers that I've read and I like it a lot. She autographed it and was very nice in person.

Jan in CA
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I found it a little hard to get into than her others, but once I did I really enjoyed it. I may have been distracted at the time since it was in the middle of both my daughter's graduations. :teehee:

samm
06-20-2007, 03:07 PM
I think you'll like the book. I have read it a couple of times, and found things each time that I'd missed. I love her sense of humour too. I just ordered another of her books on ebay. I'm hooked! samm

JoeE
06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
It's my least favorite of her books, but she did set the bar pretty high with the others. My favorite book from her is Knitting Rules.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I read it, and I don't mind that I paid full price to own my very own copy.

Joe

Quiltlady
06-23-2007, 11:12 AM
I have all of her books. This newest one is my least favorite. Just isn't making me crack up laughing like her others have. I keep it in my car and when I am waiting for someone etc. I pull it out and read a few pages.

Her blog has been down for a few days now. I hope they fix her site. I miss it.:shrug: